Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You seem to know about this. The baseball stadium is a complicated structure with angles and overhangs etc. The all-in one was a rectangular building with mostly interior offices and some open spaces. If the baseball stadium can be constructed in 40 weeks could the all-in-one be done that fast?

Depends on how much goes in it. A baseball stadium is mostly concrete with very little MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) in it that isn’t exposed. The more rooms and plumbing and the less amount of concrete and it will take longer. That being said most 2 story red iron buildings we document are done in a 12 month period when they adverage around 150k SF. Think of a two story classroom building. Those take a year without any holdups from the owner. I’ve seen elementary schools completely done in 6 months that are the same size.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not saying that but it could be something bogging down negotiations.

Just tell the baseball team to play their games at a local high school field this year, and go ahead bulldoze the baseball stadium. Or just cancel the damn baseball season and bulldoze the baseball stadium. Either way, they need to start construction on the football facility, if that's what it takes to get Kelly on board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on how much goes in it. A baseball stadium is mostly concrete with very little MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) .
Seems obvious. Id think a baseball stadium to house our 40-200 baseball fans would be easy peasy.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
why not put the new football facility where the outdoor practice field is? they can use the IPF and the stadium for practice, no?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
They blew the golden opportunity when they redid the O-Dome. they should have torn that POS down, closed Lemerand Drive and made a complete football facility with the stadium included!!!!!!!!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well he is claiming that this Chip Kelly news is just a smokescreen to save Mullen from dealing with news and questions about him and the Florida job.
Here's the thing, Stricklin doesn't seem to like Mullen, Mullen's record is terrible, like 2-16 when he is ranked and plays a ranked team, the fans can't stand the confusingly arrogant cousin Eddy-looking som-bicth, his wife is openly hostile toward Gator fans and Gainseville, and he is already over-paid so would be expensive. Other than that it's real likely we hire him.

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
I'm hearing the Hue Jackson is in the mix and that they are playing Kelly and Jackson off of eachother. Hue has apparently said that he can win with the facilities we have.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay. Well the plan is what it is. Best we can promise is to break ground in summer/fall 2019.

However if we are going to change plans then that certainly involves a lot of people that would slow down negotiations.

They could just build the all-in-one where they originally planned (north of track) at the original size. They already have prelim drawings and that would go the fastest.
Or if the new plan is to make it larger, which is what I assumed when they decided to build it on the old baseball stadium, then they will have to either devour part of the track or part of the practice field. If they do that they could be done by Fall 2019.

As a side note Oregon doesn't have an IPF.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seems obvious. Id think a baseball stadium to house our 40-200 baseball fans would be easy peasy.

We would get more than that in the old wooden stadium when I was at UF and we weren't coming off of a NC baseball season. From what I've read, one thing that got Mac fired was he felt he was "above" all the other coaches. If that's Kelly's attitude, I don't want him. He needs to understand that this is an overall program.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the thing, Stricklin doesn't seem to like Mullen, Mullen's record is terrible, like 2-16 when he is ranked and plays a ranked team, the fans can't stand the confusingly arrogant cousin Eddy-looking som-bicth, his wife is openly hostile toward Gator fans and Gainseville, and he is already over-paid so would be expensive. Other than that it's real likely we hire him.

He was our Gator Club's guest speaker in 2005, when he was the brand-new OC. He seemed very nice and cordial at that event, nothing arrogant about him. And I don't think his wife is hostile to Gainesville per se, I think she didn't like fans coming up to her in the grocery store and giving her s^^t. I can understand that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think she didn't like fans coming up to her in the grocery store and giving her s^^t. I can understand that.

Sorry, I'm just not buying that load of :bsflag: Who the hell knows what the wife of the offensive coordinator looks like? It's not like she's Layla Kiffin for god's sake!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We would get more than that in the old wooden stadium when I was at UF and we weren't coming off of a NC baseball season. From what I've read, one thing that got Mac fired was he felt he was "above" all the other coaches. If that's Kelly's attitude, I don't want him. He needs to understand that this is an overall program.
The other programs need to understand that football produces 90% of the revenue. The football coach not only has the biggest swinging dick on campus, he basically has the only dick on campus.

Sorry if it offends the badminton and tiddlywinks teams.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
New Baseball Stadium

As near as I can tell it's 116k sq ft

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-baseball-new-stadium
The University Athletic Association submitted a project plan to the University of Florida outlining a new baseball stadium that is expected to be completed by the end of 2019. Construction is expected to begin in August 2018 and the expected price tag is at about $45.8 million.

According to the project plan, which was approved Sunday and released Monday, the new stadium will seat about 5,500 people and have a 360-degree concourse, shade canopy and open air seated grandstand.

1. Within the team facilities, the necessary program areas to support the coaches and players will be
    provided. These program areas include the home team locker room, film room, alumni locker room, satellite training room, equipment room, player’s lounge, coach’s locker room, and coach’s offices. Additional areas that will be included in the stadium will be the official’s locker room, and the visitor’s locker rooms.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The other programs need to understand that football produces 90% of the revenue. The football coach not only has the biggest swinging dick on campus, he basically has the only dick on campus.

Sorry if it offends the badminton and tiddlywinks teams.

Exactly. No one hardly cares about baseball in reality. Heck the only ones there at the games when I was at UF were maybe girlfriends and family and just a few others it seemed and basketball can draw some people when its good but it is nowhere even in the ball park of football in the South.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I'm just not buying that load of :bsflag: Who the hell knows what the wife of the offensive coordinator looks like? It's not like she's Layla Kiffin for god's sake!

We should hire Layla for SOMETHING.

gettyimages-100362621.jpg

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Didn't the say on game day that the Dawgs are getting a 63 million dollar locker room facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb