Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My 2 cents worth.

If Sticklin and UF really wanted Kelly and vice versa he should've already been announced.

It could all be subterfuge with Kelly posing instead for his pupil Frost. Think about it, the last 10 days have taken the spotlight off Frost so he could continue to focus on his great season at UCF.

Hopefully they've already reached an agreement with Frosts agent. If not either Kelly or Frost, Sticklin's going to have a lot of 'splaining' to do, especially having such a head start with a brand and footprint

It's not going to be announced until it's signed. All the speculation at this point has been about negotiations above and beyond normal contracts.

The UAA is not putting out false info on purpose. That's just silly. Even if they were they wouldn't be floating Kelly because anybody else is going to be a disappointment for most and it would look bad for the program explaining why it didn't happen.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. Frost was contacted through agents and wasn't interested. Kelly was and negotiations are moving along.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
I visited that campus once. Have you ever been there? Ah, that's a no go, Roger that.

Finally, Ox outs his source. Thomas Goldkamp, deep throat indeed.

Actually I have been there... my best buddy from high school went to tamcc as a merchant marine candidate. We reunited and went to a game together in the late 90's.

They have oil money to burn... when they want to.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's not going to be announced until it's signed. All the speculation at this point has been about negotiations above and beyond normal contracts.

The UAA is not putting out false info on purpose. That's just silly. Even if they were they wouldn't be floating Kelly because anybody else is going to be a disappointment for most and it would look bad for the program explaining why it didn't happen.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. Frost was contacted through agents and wasn't interested. Kelly was and negotiations are moving along.
Occam's Razor.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not Oxrageous?
giphy.gif

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mainstream media? What’s that? “Well, it’s newspaper, magazines, TV, radio...”. I know what you think it means. To me it’s just a made up term so you newspaper guys can go to press conferences and feel important. You mean do I follow the mainstream media? I used to. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about the way it used to be. I may not find out the score of the game or know the stats for a day or two. I’d like to find that young stupid kid that followed sports that way and try to talk some sense to him. I’d tell him that in the future you’d get your scores and stats as they happen, in real time. I follow social media now, especially Gator Chatter. Mainstream media? To me that’s just a bullish!t term. Call it what ever you want sonny. I just don’t give a sh!t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.