Chris Bleich abandons team

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
May have got Sargeant Hartmann-ed one time more than he could stand. A lot of your OL coaches can have a mean streak in them.
There’s a tweet out there from somewhere from Nick Fitzgerald and he was asked what the worst thing was a coach ever said to him. His reply was something along the lines of Hevesy said he’d break both of his legs with a baseball bat, so I guess Hev has a bit of a mean streak.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Why do you think he can get better? He was terrible this year. I mean people were just blowing by him. The only OL that I have seen worse is Delance. And he shouldn’t be starting here either.

Forsythe has no feet either but at least he’s a mauler. He shouldn’t be starting either but he would be excellent for depth.

Bleich and Delance aren’t SEC quality.
Unfortunately, Delance is just a Jr too.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ehughes97: John Hevesy says they support Bleich's decision, and Mullen will address it more tomorrow. Ethan White will be their third guard.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Forsythe has no feet either but at least he’s a mauler. He shouldn’t be starting either but he would be excellent for depth..
Forsyhe is like a matador, not a mauler... he get's beat like a drum or, plainly misses blocks.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Forsyhe is like a matador, not a mauler... he get's beat like a drum or, plainly misses blocks.

Agreed. He may be a mauler at the buffet line or when he's lying alone in his dark bedroom in the dead of night mauling himself but nothing I've seen from him in games shows me he's a mauler.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
6519802B-E7CD-4093-8119-C6C9E4025327.png

Here’s the OL:

S - Nick Buchanan66
J - Jean Delance56
J - Stone Forsythe72
J - Brett Heggie61
J - Tanner Rowell50
F - Richard Gouraige76
F - Griffin McDowell62
F - Will Harrod74
F - Kingsley Eguakun65
F - Christopher Bleich67
F - Riley Simonds64
F - Michael Tarquin70
F - Da'Quan Thomas60
F - Ethan White77

it’s mainly just freshman

Forsythe, Heggie, Buchanan, and Delance are all starters and upperclassmen. I don’t think a single one of those guys will be starting next year. (Maybe Heggie).

Gouriage, Tarquin, White, and Rowell will start next year. And they will be backed up by those other frosh.
6519802B-E7CD-4093-8119-C6C9E4025327.png

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Hevesy is not working with a ton of talent. It wasn't that long ago everybody here was bitching about Butters and his ****ty recruiting and specifically the OL.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He left because he’s marshmallow soft, or he got caught doing something bad.

Either way, don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hevesy is not working with a ton of talent. It wasn't that long ago everybody here was *****ing about Butters and his ****ty recruiting and specifically the OL.

I think he has quite a bit of talent. But they’re all freshmen. There should be a significant improvement next year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The portal has created free agency for college football and that is bad. It creates too much temptation when the going gets tough and provides an instant reward to be a quitter. Nice life lesson to learn.

Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, I suppose.

You'd think it would let the talent spread more evenly though if you think about it. It makes it hard for teams to stockpile talent and gives those kids at top schools to go play somewhere else if it looks like they won't be playing.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
You'd think it would let the talent spread more evenly though if you think about it. It makes it hard for teams to stockpile talent and gives those kids at top schools to go play somewhere else if it looks like they won't be playing.
Well look at OSU, Georgia and Clemson. They all lost elite QB's.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One of the beat writers says the word is that he got some "hard coaching" from Hevesy and got pissed off and walked out.

Sure, he hasn't played all that well this year, but we are thin on the OL as far as depth goes. If any of the first 5 go down we're not in good shape - Ethan White is a true freshman and is apparently ahead of TJ Moore and Griffin McDowell - the only two non true freshman OLs on the roster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lets hope so. Between OL, DL and DB's we need some help.

DL is a different animal. I think the majority of our talent is coming in this year for that. Although we did get a couple elite rushers last year. So as crazy as it seems, offense gets better next year. But defense gets worse. We’ll have nobody to play DT or Safety.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If it’s true that he walked because he got yelled at, this might provide a bigger benefit than we see on the surface. If he’s that soft, it’s likely contagious. Get a group of mentally tough and connected guys who wouldn’t quit on each on the field and we might be able to see some progress. RG was probably taking his job anyway.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Wow, that really shows how staggeringly bad the Butters OL recruiting was. Can't really put this on Mullen.

We should improve significantly next year. If we don't, then that is on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator