Chris Bleich abandons team

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
You hit on it with the wideish splits combined with what is asked of our guards. You couple that with a godawful center and it leads to more distance and thrown timing, especially when Buchanan gets blown up. He has to alter his route around him and just one half-step extra fouls everything. That’s before you take into account he’s already slow.When the pulling guard and the RB arrive at the same place and time, disaster tends to ensue.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has had two classes.

Mullinz owns 75 of the 85 slots next year. You arent going to like the results.

"His" first year class was essentially a salvage job from Butters. He only had roughly 2 months to do the job everyone else had a year to do. I know you don't like him, but at least be fair in your statements. It will take another year before his 1st true class, the one he completely owns, can be fairly assessed.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
5 upperclassmen and 9 Freshmen. That's a ton of young mixing that with the lack of stellar talent McButtersharkelwain left us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Walker will be starting over Jeans sorry ass . Heggie is better at right guard than Bleich and is pretty good pulling on the counter left . Not sure what we do at center . But damn sure won’t be the walk-on J is pimping .

I wasn’t pimping Rowell. I’m just saying he’s backing up Buchanan this year. Since he’ll be a senior next year and center needs experience to anchor and make calls at the line, it seems to be a fit.

With terrible upperclassmen starting this year it tells me this staff really values experience.

just an observation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5 upperclassmen and 9 Freshmen. That's a ton of young mixing that with the lack of stellar talent McButtersharkelwain left us.

The Noah Banks situation really wrecked this year's OL also. He would have been a starter, and would have given us 7 capable bodies (w/ Bleich & Gouraige as the backups, giving them more time to develop). I'm not sure why they didn't aggressively go after a grad transfer - ANY grad transfer OL - last off season. No way they finished up spring practice thinking, "We're in really good shape on the OL!"

I hope we can get a big lead on Vandy so we can get White and at least one other OL some serious PT. Imagine how bad TJ Moore must be to not even crack the lineup in his (now) third season on the roster. I'll give Griffin McDowell a pass since he was injured, but he's been here a full year and has been passed by the true freshman also.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I get what you're saying, and agree that it isn't ideal. It's just hard to imagine Jean delance being our best option
at RT for multiple seasons. Whether it be a grad transfer like Reese , a RS freshmen or a true freshmen I can't be sure of.
I do however like those options over Delance.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

that may be true, but I think that if we somehow signed Dumervil, he would take a spot by mid season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I get what you're saying, and agree that it isn't ideal. It's just hard to imagine Jean delance being our best option
at RT for multiple seasons. Whether it be a grad transfer like Reese , a RS freshmen or a true freshmen I can't be sure of.
I do however like those options over Delance.

Jean Delance is our 2nd highest ranked OL on the roster (coming out of HS), Gouriage is our highest ranked OL.

I think we'd be better off taking a grad transfer than relying on a true or redshirt freshman. We will return everyone except Buchanan, and we have a couple of options there. It would be nice to have an upperclassman to give serious competition and/or depth (at least) along the OL.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt the run blocking improves a ton next season. The one leaving was the only young starter and they all had 2 years in the system combined with the younger guys not beating these limited veterans out. The 2018 ones were decent and just needed some coaching. It's crazy watching the run blocking compared to last season and all the screw ups this season

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: Mullen said Chris Bleich left the team because of family reasons. He's entered the transfer portal.

Jennifer_Lawrence_OK.gif.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He left because he’s marshmallow soft, or he got caught doing something bad.

Either way, don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

All I know is that he seemed to spend the majority of his time run blocking on roller skates so I assume that the coaching staff told him that he had to put the skates down and he didn't like the idea.
Seriously, how many times have we seen him pushed all the way back to the running back during the handoff?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it’s true that he walked because he got yelled at, this might provide a bigger benefit than we see on the surface. If he’s that soft, it’s likely contagious. Get a group of mentally tough and connected guys who wouldn’t quit on each on the field and we might be able to see some progress. RG was probably taking his job anyway.

I agree completely. The OL during the Meyer era was comprised of some of the meanest, toughest players we have ever had. We NEVER got pushed around or taunted because nobody wanted to brawl with guys like the Pouncey's.

Hopefully, the new guys have a little more testosterone in them than some of the current crop of players that seem to be fond of snowflakes and rainbows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator