Recruiting Chris Steele considered Pac-12 officiating when weighing decision

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting, but I can see where he'd weigh that into the equation. Don't know much about P12 officiating. Who'da thought SEC officiating was better.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting, but I can see where he'd weigh that into the equation. Don't know much about P12 officiating. Who'da thought SEC officiating was better.
It’s not about the SEC officiating being “better” so to speak, their type of officiating supposedly fits Steele’s physical style of play better than the PAC.

It’s the same reason why a WR would consider the PAC over the SEC as the officiating would favor less physical play on the defensive side of the ball, i.e., more PI calls on the defense in the PAC.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Defense is discouraged in the PAC and verboten in the Big 12.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Really? Pac 12 has had some bad pub about their officiating..

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This sounds like an individual with a brain that they use. Focus on some sorts of plays is an issue for me especially in BBall. I saw a lot of contact in the game last night that was a foul if UF did it, and nothing when SC did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator