Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah... it says nothing.

I wish he had at least said we have reviewed our own procedures and took appropriate action, although I understand why they arent going into details regarding the staffers who were fire/left/whatever.

At this point, it is about future recruiting.

It will leak, eventually. But it will be heresay and half truths instead of a collective truth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish those girls would press charges.
The State Attorney can proceed with or without those two. And can compel testimony if two of two, three or four (Im not clear on the total number) arent willing at the moment.

Sometimes they just need to be assured you are going to protect their rights and that they are helping other future victims.

It is just a question if whether or not the SAO WANTS to do it.

My office always proceeded with DV or rape regardless, and serial victims makes it more compelling.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yes, Foley is about 100% to blame for the facilities issue. But Mullen had "full control" over the hiring of the recruiting staff. And if he didn't, he should have read Saban's book, "Saban". When Saban took the Alabama job, in order to leave the Dolphins job, he told Mal Moore (AD) what he needed and wanted in regards to recruiting or he wasn't taking the job. He got EVERYTHING he wanted and EVERYTHING he asked for. That was Mullen's chance (and I'm sure he made some demands before he left MSU, but to what extent?). He hired a band of misfits to run the recruiting office, he brought over an adulterer from MSU, and the office continues to be disorganized. I know half this board is in the "you can't say anything bad about the coach" mode, but this is on Mullen. If he fixes it he could have a long tenure here....if he keeps pulling in 14th ranked classes, 7th in the SEC classes? Well, he probably won't last more than 5 or 6 seasons.

Like many others, my primary problem with DM's performance to date is his apparent unwillingness to identify the recruiting shortcomings of the staff he brought with him from MSU - and then to do something about it. I've been labeled a pumper and a homer by some because I'm not ready to throw the HC overboard just yet. And the fact is I'm still somewhat optimistic about the prospects for the future. But there is no way to ignore the glaring talent gap that separates us from the dwags and the bammers, and if DM doesn't get the ship righted fairly soon, he may never do it all.

The events of the last few weeks have been disconcerting for several of reasons: The waste of time and resources trying to recruit on the west coast, the failure to recognize the red flags surrounding the troubled past of at least two recruits who left in disgrace before ever playing a down, and the on-going problems with closing on the type of players that we must have to win championships. I don't believe that the situation is irreversible, but DM's time for getting it right is limited, and growing more so every day. The SEC is one of the most unforgiving environments in all of sports. A few occasional stumbles can be survived - failing to learn from them cannot.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
It says more than that, it says that the reporting is completely one-sided. I take it as a shot across the bow of the Steele family as in there is info that your son has not told you that might be pretty damaging to him so lay low.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will leak, eventually. But it will be heresay and half truths instead of a collective truth.
Heresy? Or hearsay? :lmao2:

Plenty of cases are won with hearsay. You spend most of the evidence class learning the hearsay exceptions.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah.... I dont know.
The Cincinnati Reds USED to be a top notch team that fought the Yankees every year for a WC in MLB, but their ownership decided they werent going to compete in the free agents and high salaries. (One year the entire outfield switched from Reds to Yankees.)
Close. You would been 100% right if you said "New York." Collins and Griffey went to the Yankees, but Foster went to the Mets. Good memory though, I'd forgotten all about that. That team started going downhill two years earlier when Rose left and then Morgan after the next season. Your overall point is quite correct. Look at how long the Yankees were relevant, in part because of a willingness to spend.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saying that "what is being reported is an incomplete account" really isn't informative. It is middle of the road politic'ing that allows you to appease any side of the situation. Steele reads it and agrees immediately. JJ reads it and agrees immediately. The girls read it and agree immediately. Those here handing out torches and pitchforks read that and agrees immediately. Those determined Steele is a lying POS read it and agree immediately.

Its high level politic'ing.
I guess my take is that if Steele was as much of a victim as he’s presenting, then UF would even be more coy. I just think that any statement is a negative for Steele’s narrative. I agree with others that I would have liked to hear something less ambiguous

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I guess my take is that if Steele was as much of a victim as he’s presenting, then UF would even be more coy. I just think that any statement is a negative for Steele’s narrative. I agree with others that I would have liked to hear something less ambiguous

Yeah ... Stricklin's comments would definitely not in any way lead to the assumption that there is negative things about UF that are not being told. I tend to agree with you ... unless he is about to fire Mullen like he did that fat shark farker.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm torn here.
As a fan I think it's ridiculous that he left because he didn't get his way. Stick with your commitment and if the coach tries to make it right, man up.
But.....as a parent/son I 100% understand. I wouldn't want my kid around the Jones situation and if we tried to get him out of there before something happened, then it's a very unfortunate "I told you so".
In the end it's done and over and time to move on.
If this isn't your position, then you're either not a parent, or not smart, maybe both. Anyone slamming the kid, or the coaches are tards considering what information has been confirmed. We don't know enough to indict either side, we also don't know enough to vindicate either one. People just need to move on. Its football and an 18 yr old kid, aint the end of the world either way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It says more than that, it says that the reporting is completely one-sided. I take it as a shot across the bow of the Steele family as in there is info that your son has not told you that might be pretty damaging to him so lay low.
UAA leaks constantly. If there is something positive to leak Drooley would be opining by now. But maybe he is just drunk still.

I think there will be more info on the staff changes soon. One was obvious, a criminal charge, but the other staffs changes were just not explained at all.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It sucks to lose your top ranked recruit but if anyone wants to feel better about this go back and take a look at the class of 2010....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If this isn't your position, then you're either not a parent, or not smart, maybe both. Anyone slamming the kid, or the coaches are tards considering what information has been confirmed. .
People keep trying to make this Mullinz vs Steele and it isnt.

Mullinz went out there to try to talk him back and explain. There have been absolutely zero allegationsnthat Mulkinz was the one who didnt act. It was a Student Development type staffer IMO.

We have explained the suspended then unsuspended thing re Jalen either, but again that was not likely to be Mullinz either. My guess is the same Student Development staffer thought we were FSU and had a felony only rule.

Last edited:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The waste of time and resources trying to recruit on the west coast...

In Mullen's defense, if Steele had stayed at UF and been a superstar, it would have helped open up UF to be viewed as a school that recruits nationally. That part certainly backfired.

I agree that the bulk of efforts needs to be to keep state of Florida and SE recruits from escaping the state/region. But it would not have done any harm to get on the radar of some national 5* recruits in the future as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In Mullen's defense, if Steele had stayed at UF and been a superstar, it would have helped open up UF to be viewed as a school that recruits nationally. That part certainly backfired.

I agree that the bulk of efforts needs to be to keep state of Florida and SE recruits from escaping the state/region. But it would not have done any harm to get on the radar of some national 5* recruits in the future as well.
One comes before the other.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely believe that the players are taking this personally and they feel like Mullen is being attacked and that UF is being attacked by Steele. The players only responded to Steele’s transfer this way. I haven’t seen any other transfer from UF result in a Twitter pile on like this. And you can bet internally this is being spun as UF, coaches and players are being disrespected over Steele’s narrative. You have to do something to rally the troops at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.