Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
offense and defense jabbering at each other isn't really anything new. it happens every day on the practice field.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yeah... it says nothing.

I wish he had at least said we have reviewed our own procedures and took appropriate action, although I understand why they arent going into details regarding the staffers who were fire/left/whatever.

At this point, it is about future recruiting.

He pretty much said the same as the highlighted text. From the article: "I’d rather not get into specifics other than to say we did follow campus protocols."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Steele was a bad actor in all this then why would Mullen fly out to Cali to try to keep him from leaving? He's Gatorbait now...no doubt about that. But something isn't adding up. This should be a lesson learned though going forward.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Because he is a 5 star? Because Steele didn't tell Mullen to his face that he was transfering?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You think this was just sprung on Mullen?

No clue, hence the question marks. But hadn't Steele been home for a week when he went into the transfer portal? Why would Mullen fly out there if Steele already said his goodbyes?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No clue, hence the question marks. But hadn't Steele been home for a week when he went into the transfer portal? Why would Mullen fly out there if Steele already said his goodbyes?

I have no idea

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have no idea

I believe the last final exam was 3 May, but unsure when his were ... obviously. Spring semester officially ended 24 April. He enters the portal well past those dates and believe he was in Cali for a bit while before.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just MHO, but his parents got in his ear while he was home. He obviously isn't homesick or he'd be at USC or UCLA. So we can finally throw that crap out the window.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He obviously isn't homesick or he'd be at USC or UCLA. So we can finally throw that crap out the window.

No clue ... but really dont think that is true except with you. Personally, having lived on both coasts but growing up on mostly the East Coast, I feel much more at home East of the Mississippi than anywhere else. Plenty of peeps here on this thread express the same sentiment. There are plenty things about being in Oregon vs Florida that feel more like home. Regardless, his commitment to UF was made without a visit if I remember correctly and on the heels of multiple commits and decommits. He definitely has shown a propensity to be wishy washy and quick to pull a trigger. What I am getting at ... his decision to go to Oregon over USC or UCLA should not sway anyone to throw anything out the window.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You just like to argue with me. If he was truly homesick I think we can all...hell, most of us can agree he would be at USC or UCLA. Homesick doesn't take you 1000 miles away from..."home".

Nevermind.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You just like to argue with me. If he was truly homesick I think we can all...hell, most of us can agree he would be at USC or UCLA. Homesick doesn't take you 1000 miles away from..."home".

Nevermind.

No ... I hesitate every time I engage you with any sort of opinion. I go out of my way to word things in a way that aren't pointed or hostile with you so that maybe you will actually read and consider it. But it just doesn't ever seem to be that way so I guess I am through trying. You seem like an arrogant better than thou type who will not budge on their opinions with no regard to facts or what anyone else says or thinks. For example, you put geographical limits on a person's homesickness without ever knowing the person, talking to him or otherwise. You throw phrases in there like 'most of us can agree' with what you think as if that is true and of value. And I have come to notice that you lead a lot of your posts off with "I'm not ______, but" as if it means you are't actually going to do that action when in reality you actually are doing that action. Its the oldest trick in the book. Some do it intentionally and some do it without even realizing it.

With all that said ... I stand by what I said. Everyone is different and your geographical definition of homesickness boundaries are yours and yours alone. If I take my wife anywhere outside the sweet tea line she gets homesick ... but as soon as I get her back to where sweet tea exists she is fine. That is her geographical border for homesickness. The only thing we can truly define right now is that your homesick boundary is much smaller than others and you believe that applies to everyone else in the world.

fyi ... its less than a 1000 miles to Eugene from LA.

Last edited:

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
To be fair, not many offenses need their WRs to block like a Tackle. Instead, they need them to run routes and the CBs to defend the pass.
Quezzie, Ike and Reidel couldnt block well, and yet we blew every team out.

Spurrier clearly cared more about running routes and catching the ball.

Of course it would be great to have both but a receiver those unicorns arent available often (and good receivers arent going to an option team anyway).

I'd rather have receivers put up spurriers recievers college numbers too but the game has changed. For all the griping about our blocking receivers it seemed like Meyer and mullen Put up more productive NFL receivers than Spurrier did. Maybe there is something to being a discipline physical receiver who blocks well in todays game

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
No clue ... but really dont think that is true except with you. Personally, having lived on both coasts but growing up on mostly the East Coast, I feel much more at home East of the Mississippi than anywhere else. Plenty of peeps here on this thread express the same sentiment. There are plenty things about being in Oregon vs Florida that feel more like home. Regardless, his commitment to UF was made without a visit if I remember correctly and on the heels of multiple commits and decommits. He definitely has shown a propensity to be wishy washy and quick to pull a trigger. What I am getting at ... his decision to go to Oregon over USC or UCLA should not sway anyone to throw anything out the window.

I would agree however Oregon has a very unique and different vibe to it than southern California. Oregon can feel like another planet at times. And just wait until the great Oregon weather takes effect...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather have receivers put up spurriers recievers college numbers too but the game has changed. For all the griping about our blocking receivers it seemed like Meyer and mullen Put up more productive NFL receivers than Spurrier did. Maybe there is something to being a discipline physical receiver who blocks well in todays game
I hear what you are saying, but i’ll just add this bit. It makes zero difference what you do in the NFL when talking about contributions to your college team.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
I hear what you are saying, but i’ll just add this bit. It makes zero difference what you do in the NFL when talking about contributions to your college team.

I agree to a point. Most of those guys played a lot regardless if their numbers were gaudy or not. We had good offenses when they were here and their blocking and receiving were fundamental to the success. I know it's sacrilege but if Tim left his senior year and Cam wasnt a scumbag id bet their receiving numbers would have been off the charts

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I would agree however Oregon

Thas a very unique and different vibe to it than southern California. Oregon can feel like another planet at times. And just wait until the great Oregon weather takes effect...

Totally agree. Bigger point I was trying to make is this is a kid that committed to us without ever visiting and after committing to several other places several different times.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No ... I hesitate every time I engage you with any sort of opinion. I go out of my way to word things in a way that aren't pointed or hostile with you so that maybe you will actually read and consider it. But it just doesn't ever seem to be that way so I guess I am through trying. You seem like an arrogant better than thou type who will not budge on their opinions with no regard to facts or what anyone else says or thinks. For example, you put geographical limits on a person's homesickness without ever knowing the person, talking to him or otherwise. You throw phrases in there like 'most of us can agree' with what you think as if that is true and of value. And I have come to notice that you lead a lot of your posts off with "I'm not ______, but" as if it means you are't actually going to do that action when in reality you actually are doing that action. Its the oldest trick in the book. Some do it intentionally and some do it without even realizing it.

With all that said ... I stand by what I said. Everyone is different and your geographical definition of homesickness boundaries are yours and yours alone. If I take my wife anywhere outside the sweet tea line she gets homesick ... but as soon as I get her back to where sweet tea exists she is fine. That is her geographical border for homesickness. The only thing we can truly define right now is that your homesick boundary is much smaller than others and you believe that applies to everyone else in the world.

fyi ... its less than a 1000 miles to Eugene from LA.

LOL. It's 873 miles ya freaking prick. How about 900 miles jackass? You will be the ONLY person I have on ignore. Good riddance.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
LOL. It's 873 miles ya freaking prick. How about 900 miles jackass? You will be the ONLY person I have on ignore. Good riddance.

Its a 2 hour non stop flight versus a 7+ hour multiple stop flight. Only a moron would tally up the mileage to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb