Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Im not sure he would jump Elam and co though.......the team absolutely blasted him on twitter and posted videos of him getting manhandled. I also just noticed he was on Netflix's QB1 but never really featured for his team. I just randomly caught an announcer mentioning his name with a WR beating him. Not sure this was that big of a loss.

I mentioned McWilliams, not Elam... for a reason.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish them girls would press charges and make his butt have to come back and testify. POS

Jones did commit physical trespass. It isn't an isolated "he-said, she-said" because involved in the incidents are 2 girls, and Hill & Steele. You have the girls enduring rape kit intrusions. Still doesn't determine consent or not. Then both girls withdraw charges... how does that reflect on the weight of those insistent "no's" ? Also, if Steele or Hill heard a dire "no" shout, what's their debt to halt an ongoing rape?

The coaches gathered more info than the police = because the players tell the minimum to police. Regardless of how it's publicly shaded, JJ's transfer was determined by coaches. And that was the best for all.

Final judgement may be that Steele has a few jerk flaws, but remember he pointed out JJ's evil before the assaults. A kid proven correct should be credited. My freshman year at UF, this being associated with rape, would most likely make me leave school, no matter if I had another school choice. Just like nobody else could have told me how to respond in '63, so, nobody can tell Steele how to react to being connected to rape.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't even necessarily disagree that he may turn out to be a solid player, especially in the P12.

But you do understand that literally every word out of his mouth was a lie regarding that whole Jones situation, right? Worse yet, his parents--coddling at its finest--also participated in creating a false image of his time here in Gville and continued a fictitious smear of UF once he decided he wanted to be closer to home, rather than just encouraging him to be a man and honor his decision or at a minimum to simply be honest. And this was just weeks after raving about Mullen and Co. on social media for the way they'd treated their son since his arrival. He then announced a transfer to Oregon, showed up on their campus, only to de-commit from them(4th time de-committing from a school in under a year, mind you) and decides to go to the school in his hometown, electing to announce with another complete headcase flake who pulled a similar stunt with Texas.

Play on the field is one thing. But really, this is the guy you're defending and/or blaming Mullen for losing?

That pattern puts a cap on whatever talent he has. Unless/until he learns to persevere through adversity he won’t maximize his potential. He may well settle in and flourish at USC but he does seem to have been unsettled to this point.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Jones did commit physical trespass. It isn't an isolated "he-said, she-said" because involved in the incidents are 2 girls, and Hill & Steele. You have the girls enduring rape kit intrusions. Still doesn't determine consent or not. Then both girls withdraw charges... how does that reflect on the weight of those insistent "no's" ? Also, if Steele or Hill heard a dire "no" shout, what's their debt to halt an ongoing rape?

The coaches gathered more info than the police = because the players tell the minimum to police. Regardless of how it's publicly shaded, JJ's transfer was determined by coaches. And that was the best for all.

Final judgement may be that Steele has a few jerk flaws, but remember he pointed out JJ's evil before the assaults. A kid proven correct should be credited. My freshman year at UF, this being associated with rape, would most likely make me leave school, no matter if I had another school choice. Just like nobody else could have told me how to respond in '63, so, nobody can tell Steele how to react to being connected to rape.

Wow ... you make many jumps to conclusions about stuff. You have no idea why the girls didn't press charges yet you minimize their harm inorder to stand up for a dude who negatively transferred out after committing to a school in the last minute with no official visit and something like 4-5 previous commitments. Steele is a POS ... and JJ is a POS ... both are different flavor POS. He was out partying with JJ all the time ... yet now he is the kid that warned us all about the horrible person JJ is/was. He used that poor pitiful me crap to get out of Florida to go home to Mommy. Come on man ...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow ... you make many jumps to conclusions about stuff. You have no idea why the girls didn't press charges yet you minimize their harm inorder to stand up for a dude who negatively transferred out after committing to a school in the last minute with no official visit and something like 4-5 previous commitments. Steele is a POS ... and JJ is a POS ... both are different flavor POS. He was out partying with JJ all the time ... yet now he is the kid that warned us all about the horrible person JJ is/was. He used that poor pitiful me crap to get out of Florida to go home to Mommy. Come on man ...

My post that you criticize is more accurate than your critique. I said nothing minimizing anything. The post is descriptive - not all knowing. Your conclusion that Steele palled and partied with a guy he couldn't stand, then that's a speculative jump that sounds illogical.??
If a kid gets forcefully homesick, so what if he transfers out of where he doesn't want to be -- good riddance. Holding some harsh guilt on him is peevish. Come on man.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My post that you criticize is more accurate than your critique. I said nothing minimizing anything. The post is descriptive - not all knowing. Your conclusion that Steele palled and partied with a guy he couldn't stand, then that's a speculative jump that sounds illogical.??
If a kid gets forcefully homesick, so what if he transfers out of where he doesn't want to be -- good riddance. Holding some harsh guilt on him is peevish. Come on man.

"Then both girls withdraw charges... how does that reflect on the weight of those insistent "no's" ?"

So maybe I am missing something ... but to me, the above really sounds like you are saying the girls nos are just aren't that big of a deal and really isn't to be trusted since they withdrew their charges. That is called a jump to conclusion and what you are really doing is victim shaming.

"Also, if Steele or Hill heard a dire "no" shout, what's their debt to halt an ongoing rape?"

Its a heck of a lot more than just laughing and then leaving. Especially if you are going to turn around and say I told you so as the way to get you transferred out with no penalty. He laughed ... and he left ... he is a POS.

It is not my conclusion that he was partying with JJ ... it was on his social media. Dude ... do you even have all the facts?

What do you mean by 'forcefully homesick"? It really sounds like you are making UF the villain again.

These are facts from the police report and his social media. Not conclusions. The problem is that when this story first broke people on here came up with fabricated realities to explain what was happening and made Steele look like the victim because Steele played the victim card to transfer.

Only thing that is UF and Coach Mullen's fault in this is taking Steele and JJ to begin with.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First off, my thoughts were too truncated to have the needed clarity. Sorry.
Nope-- both girls withdrawing their charges can mean in afterthought they realized they were not as insistent as they first indicated. IDK & YDK.
I am addressing what should be juggled by the overseers of these ruinous charges - i.e. there are false charges, there are exaggerated charges and LE has the %s on those. The female victims are anonymous. Nobody really can shame them.

Still, you got me on not reading, not knowing Steele and JJ's social media. My error-- sorry.

You and I know that Steele did not contrive for JJ's 'trespassion' to occur and that was the straw that launched him into action to get out of UF. In a strong sense Steele is a victim of JJ's alleged sex-crime that got him undeserved public humiliation, etc.etc. He was named in the media.

Response debt? I was asking you and others for input on what y'all thought the obligated response to hearing an insistent "no" demand -- like what do you think your felt urge would be? I'd probably like the story best if Steele &/or Hill had separated Jones from the girl.

Again neteng, I knew what I was thinking and did not note how mean it sounded in that blunt form.. Bet I'll make that same mistake again and again. And it's okay that I get called out for it - as I have learned and been redirected by your reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.