Christmas Carols/Songs

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Here is a special one for those that grew up in south florida but don't live there anymore.

Warm Christmas

I'm dreaming of a Warm Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the sand

With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be Warm

When I was younger I would insist on going outside on Christmas day in shorts no matter the weather. Too old now to do that.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Here is a special one for those that grew up in south florida but don't live there anymore.

Warm Christmas

When I was younger I would insist on going outside on Christmas day in shorts no matter the weather. Too old now to do that.

I grew up in Key West and finally left Florida at 22. If I NEVER see another Christmas above 50 degrees it will be fine with me. I would rather be cold than hot any day of the week. I can always put on more clothes.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I grew up in Key West and finally left Florida at 22. If I NEVER see another Christmas above 50 degrees it will be fine with me. I would rather be cold than hot any day of the week. I can always put on more clothes.

Good for you if I never saw another Christmas below 75 degrees that would be great, there is air conditioning. And wearing more clothes does nothing for the pain that cold weather causes me. And I am not hot unless it is over 85 degrees which on Christmas where I lived in Florida was rare.

Thanks for the response.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Good for you if I never saw another Christmas below 75 degrees that would be great, there is air conditioning. And wearing more clothes does nothing for the pain that cold weather causes me. And I am not hot unless it is over 85 degrees which on Christmas where I lived in Florida was rare.

Thanks for the response.

Woah...I didn't mean to piss ya off. You do you.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I would rather be cold than hot any day of the week. I can always put on more clothes.
I taught PE in FLa for 4 decades and I agree completely. I can put on warm clothes but never take enough off to be cool. When started beginning the school year in early August and I was out in it most of the day it was a mofo.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I taught PE in FLa for 4 decades and I agree completely. I can put on warm clothes but never take enough off to be cool. When started beginning the school year in early August and I was out in it most of the day it was a mofo.

Yep...my dad was a commercial lobster fisherman when I was growing up. I spent 10 hrs per day every day in the summer making spiny lobster traps. Dipping those things in a toxic mixture of bunker-C, used oil, diesel fuel and some tarry sludge from 55 gallon barrels, in August....nossir. It wasn't my favorite thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator