Christmas Miracle? Nick Saban retiring?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
After Gene Stallings there were Mike Dubose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, and Mike Shula until Mal Moore hired Saban. When Saban stepped to the podium at his introductory press conference you could feel the sea change. Just because it's Bama with all their tradition, resources, fan and administrative support they can become also rans if they don't have the right guy,

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they went after urbs at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he took it. That being said , they're gonna have the mentality we had and think anybody can win there. So I wouldn't be suprised of they went with a Mel tucker or some other young defensive minded coach. Maybe even a Luke fickell, even though I wanna see him do it without that qb. I don't think Dabo is remotely interested I'm leaving Clemson. Not a snow balls chance in hell.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At which point he went from being the biggest idiot on the planet (screwing up Alabama football) to the smartest AD of all time.

May Scott Stricklin be so beloved in 10 years.

With respect...There is that Mullen hire...And that White pay increase...And that....

Blind Squirrel ...Broken Clock...Comes to mind

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
With respect...There is that Mullen hire...And that White pay increase...And that....

If Napier were to have a Sabanesque run at UF, all of Stricklin’s mistakes to this point would be forgiven and mostly forgotten. Just like Mal Moore.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If Napier were to have a Sabanesque run at UF, all of Stricklin’s mistakes to this point would be forgiven and mostly forgotten. Just like Mal Moore.

As far as I'm concerned...If Coach Billy turns this around...We don't need any other sports...Except Lacrosse...We must have Lacrosse.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What has made Saban so great over the years is largely how self-motivated he and his teams always are. He has gotten so successful in this modern era that he has had to take a page out of Michael Jordan's playbook: use anything possible as a perceived slight from the opponent or the media and motivate yourself and your troops to take it personally and whoop the opposition's ass. He is masterful at it.

It bodes well for UF that Napier learned the ways of the GOAT and is seemingly better regarded than just about any of his former assistants. I hope he can win here for the long haul.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I think it’s more about the extreme unlikelihood of that level of success. Squirrels only see so well.

Even mighty Bama, as noted, ran through 4 mistakes (although Shula was a ‘good’ coach) before getting Saban. It wasn’t for a lack of anything except finding him at the right time in his development.

I’m curious if the whole system vision crystallized at Miami.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I don’t think Saban will give a sh!t what happens to Bama when he retires. Him having a “coach in waiting” is laughable.

I’ll bet 10 bucks he just quits with no notice and leaves them in a huge lurch.

It’s happening on January 11, 2022. Saban is traveling to Kansas and making the announcement there. Keep your eyes open, big news coming out of Kansas very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.