Chuck Heater hired

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@IAKOWRecruiting: Dan Mullen has hired Chuck Heater to a quality control position. Heater previously served under Urban Meyer at Florida from 2005-2010.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Dan Mullen’s 2019 hires: Torrian Gray. David Turner. Jamar Chaney. Keiwan Ratliff. Chuck Heater.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nah, he's ok, but analysts is where you usually stash guys to be hired as coaches later.

This is a GREAT hire no matter how you want to look at it. Heater is likely done coaching, as he could have joined a number of coaching staffs. He probably wants to be back around CFB and live in Florida. He gets the best of both worlds, plus he probably doesn't need the money at this point in his career. He's 66 years old, this is his twilight gig. He was most recently on DJ Durkin's Maryland staff as the Safeties coach....and I think we can all agree w/ need some help at that position. Plus he's a former recruiting coordinator at UF when we signed some of the best classes we've ever signed. Win, win, win, win.....

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
This is a GREAT hire no matter how you want to look at it. Heater is likely done coaching, as he could have joined a number of coaching staffs. He probably wants to be back around CFB and live in Florida. He gets the best of both worlds, plus he probably doesn't need the money at this point in his career. He's 66 years old, this is his twilight gig. He was most recently on DJ Durkin's Maryland staff as the Safeties coach....and I think we can all agree w/ need some help at that position. Plus he's a former recruiting coordinator at UF when we signed some of the best classes we've ever signed. Win, win, win, win.....
I regret that I have but one like to give for this post.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Now we just need Chuck to get Mullen to bring Durkin back....

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
I regret that I have but two (2) likes to give for this post.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

upload_2019-3-14_18-20-37.jpeg

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

^^^^^^^^^^^This.

When I saw the name all I could think about was the great defensive backfields that we had when he was here previously. I had forgotten that he was recruiting coordinator as well. That's just a cherry on top to this great hire.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Plus he's a former recruiting coordinator at UF when we signed some of the best classes we've ever signed. Win, win, win, win.....

So you hire a great coach. You don’t have room for a coach on your staff, But as a quality control guy, he can watch film and and any other details you need to support your coaches and players. Brilliant.

So you hire a great recruiter. At 66 that road is long and wearisome, but he’s not a coach so you can keep him on campus and sweep the recruits to him. And his excellent eye helps you evaluate talent. Brilliant.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchchin:

Play the Bama game, seems to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.