Clean up on aisle 2...and 3, and 4, and 1, 5 oh crap!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:eek3:

(PS not funny part, there was one fatality and several injured)

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:eek3:

(PS not funny part, there was one fatality and several injured)

Alex.

I was going to say, no way the guy in the lift survived.

I've worked in a lot of warehouses, but never one with heights like those racks. That height is unsafe, IMO. You'd be amazed at how much weight those things can hold, but they obviously have their limits. They also look very poorly constructed. He barely tapped the one rack and it immediately starting crumbling. I'd be willing to bet they weren't secured properly.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to say, no way the guy in the lift survived.

I've worked in a lot of warehouses, but never one with heights like those racks. That height is unsafe, IMO. You'd be amazed at how much weight those things can hold, but they obviously have their limits. They also look very poorly constructed. He barely tapped the one rack and it immediately starting crumbling. I'd be willing to bet they weren't secured properly.

Oh, I’m sure a team from Morgan & Morgan is already hard at work...

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I’m sure a team from Morgan & Morgan is already hard at work...

Alex.
Can't see if they have the footings drilled, obviously, but they do have the cross beams between the backs of the racks to help stabilize them. I've never seen an upright that tall though, seems there should be more straight cross beams, not just the angle ones going up.
The racks could have been correct, and the company simply had them incredibly overweight.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is some messy warehouse there. I can't believe they allowed that to get that way.

No lines too. Looks like they allow too many non-standard sided pallets/baskets.

You're in this business, no? I think where I've worked the isles paths are at least 2 (if not 4) ft wider that 2x's largest/widest container.

SOB must know about it because he's out of that forklift fast as hell.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is some messy warehouse there. I can't believe they allowed that to get that way.

No lines too. Looks like they allow too many non-standard sided pallets/baskets.

You're in this business, no? I think where I've worked the isles paths are at least 2 (if not 4) ft wider that 2x's largest/widest container.

SOB must know about it because he's out of that forklift fast as hell.

No, I’m not in that business. Just find them humorous. But I’ve had countless classes in these kinds of accidents from a failure analysis perspective.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
No, I’m not in that business. Just find them humorous. But I’ve had countless classes in these kinds of accidents from a failure analysis perspective.

You think these vids are domestic? I can’t see it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb