Clemson is in shambles; fans want Dabo fired

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody stays on top without cheating........

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Clemsons DOO after burning down their football program

upload_2020-6-2_19-28-4.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Let’s share this with every recruit!

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Clemson's Dabo Swinney defends racial slur incident, explains 'Football Matters' shirt

Dabo catching hell for wearing a shirt that said “Football Matters.”
Oh my goodness football coaches need to say as little as possible as generically as possible and keep their heads down to get to the season. I’m generally all for voicing your well thought out opinions, but in this climate, one miss phrasing of a benign statement will have them branding you as David Duke and your ability to recruit could evaporate in 90 tweets or less. There is ZERO upside.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My God we've become such pussies. " I felt this oppressive figure". :facepalm:. Can anyone imagine their fathers or grandfather's muttering such shyt?
Oh my goodness football coaches need to say as little as possible as generically as possible and keep their heads down to get to the season. I’m generally all for voicing your well thought out opinions, but in this climate, one miss phrasing of a benign statement will have them branding you as David Duke and your ability to recruit could evaporate in 90 tweets or less. There is ZERO upside.

DeAndre Hopkins is talking about statue of a former vice president of the United States associated with that campus who was a big time proponent of slavery. Not Dabo.

As for the football matters tshirt It looked tasteless out of context. But it was actually provided to him by the NFL. He was wearing it for a different reason. In reality it was the NFL that made a stupid decision with that shirt. I think it’s already blown over.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
As for the football matters tshirt It looked tasteless out of context. But it was actually provided to him by the NFL. He was wearing it for a different reason. In reality it was the NFL that made a stupid decision with that shirt. I think it’s already blown over.

So wearing a t-shirt or saying something matters is tasteless and a stupid decision?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So wearing a t-shirt or saying something matters is tasteless and a stupid decision?

Yes. It was a dumb decision by the NFL.

And no – I didn’t say it was tasteless for him to wear it. I said it “looked” tasteless out of context.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yes. It was a dumb decision by the NFL.

And no – I didn’t say it was tasteless for him to wear it. I said it “looked” tasteless out of context.

So the NFL (National Football League) giving out t-shirts saying "Football Matters" is dumb? Surely you see how sad that view point is? :lol:

So if Ox were to put "Gator Chatter's Matter" real big across the top of the front page, would that be dumb as well?

I've got 3 kids, am I not allowed to say they matter anymore either?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the NFL (National Football League) giving out t-shirts saying "Football Matters" is dumb? Surely you see how sad that view point is? :lol:

So if Ox were to put "Gator Chatter's Matter" real big across the top of the front page, would that be dumb as well?

I've got 3 kids, am I not allowed to say they matter anymore either?

All right - you are obviously trying to start an argument here. My point is that they are a company in public view. They need to make better decisions. Private Decisions that you make or the ox makes have nothing to do with that.

Gatorchatter is a heavy, heavy conservative board. So it doesn’t matter.

There was nothing wrong with Dabo wearing it. In today’s context it does not look good. But he can’t go back in time. There was nothing malicious about him wearing that shirt. I thought I was being pretty clear on that front.

But the NFL knew exactly what they were doing with that shirt. They knew who they were pandering to - and it’s now coming back to bite. Companies in public view need to do better than that. They owe that to their shareholders.

Everybody on this board hides behind an alias. People in public facing companies do not. They are out in the forefront. They have a responsibility to their investors, to their employees, and to their customers. So yes, it was a stupid decision by them. It’s a reason why they’re pulling the shirt.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
All right - you are obviously trying to start an argument here. My point is that they are a company in public view. They need to make better decisions. Private Decisions that you make or the ox makes have nothing to do with that.

Gatorchatter is a heavy, heavy conservative board. So it doesn’t matter.

There was nothing wrong with Dabo wearing it. In today’s context it does not look good. But he can’t go back in time. There was nothing malicious about him wearing that shirt. I thought I was being pretty clear on that front.

But the NFL knew exactly what they were doing with that shirt. They knew who they were pandering to - and it’s now coming back to bite. Companies in public view need to do better than that. They owe that to their shareholders.

Everybody on this board hides behind an alias. People in public facing companies do not. They are out in the forefront. They have a responsibility to their investors, to their employees, and to their customers. So yes, it was a stupid decision by them. It’s a reason why they’re pulling the shirt.
So you are basically saying its OK to pander to one side but not the other. Got it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you are basically saying its OK to pander to one side but not the other. Got it.

I’m not. And you know I’m not. You all are so married to your politics that you’ll try to politicize anything.

This will be my last comment on this because I’m not going to get baited into this discussion. I got too much stuff going on with work today. I come here to get away from all of this and yet you guys want to drive everybody into this nonsense.

This Board is supposed to be a respite from all of this. And at this point it’s not.

Regarding the NFL, It’s about doing the right thing. Not marginalizing a group.

Not making a football matters T-shirt is not pandering to the other side. It’s doing the right thing. Let’s not be dense.

This is going to be my last response to this, if you want to take this further, take it to the political forum.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I’m not. And you know I’m not. You all are so married to your politics that you’ll try to politicize anything.

This will be my last comment on this because I’m not going to get baited into this discussion. I got too much stuff going on with work today. I come here to get away from all of this and yet you guys want to drive everybody into this nonsense.

This Board is supposed to be a respite from all of this. And at this point it’s not.

Regarding the NFL, It’s about doing the right thing. Not marginalizing a group.

Not making a football matters T-shirt is not pandering to the other side. It’s doing the right thing. Let’s not be dense.

This is going to be my last response to this, if you want to take this further, take it to the political forum.
Not at all you are advocating a position even if you don't realize it. You should also realize I only posted on single sentence on this thread in which you made political. And I am also done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator