Clemson waxes Bama 44-16 to win the NC

leogator

May 5, 2018
I hope that Dan changes his recruiting philosophy as far as QBs are concerned and recruit great passers that can run instead of great runners that can pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last few years of recruiting rankings for Clemson 6, 8, 22, 6, 4, 13, and 14 per Rivals...
Also 9 five stars currently on the roster and 5 th best roster. even his weaker classes have great gpas. sometimes they just don't have numbers.

you can also get by with a little less depth playing in the ACC against basketball schools every week.

DwZ3pZUVsAA1RiE

the good news is we finished second on most of those kids, I was told.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I think that Alabama's young and inexperienced secondary was exposed the last 2-3 games. For all their recruiting prowess, I am totally surprised they did not have more experienced corners back there. Roster management is not so great?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
IMHO,

A great team needs to be predominantly 4* (However you calculate it)

You need to be a minimum of 2 deep at EVERY position

3* need to have the talent but can be coached up

And then there is coaching and play calling

It's not just where you rank...Look at Muschump

leogator

May 5, 2018
IMHO,

A great team needs to be predominantly 4* (However you calculate it)

You need to be a minimum of 2 deep at EVERY position

3* need to have the talent but can be coached up

And then there is coaching and play calling

It's not just where you rank...Look at Muschump

I think if I am the head coach, I would recruit QBs from Cali, Texas or Georgia. They pay their HS coaches very well and the kids get good coaching. I would recruit OL and DL from the Deep South and maybe one or two from Florida. Receivers from Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia. RBs from Florida. DBs from Florida. LBs from all over, same with TEs.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I think that Alabama's young and inexperienced secondary was exposed the last 2-3 games. For all their recruiting prowess, I am totally surprised they did not have more experienced corners back there. Roster management is not so great?

Their secondary was a question mark going into the season since they lost so many top guys back there these last few years, but no team had been able to exploit it. Going up against elite offenses with top-notch QBs, RBs, and WRs saw them struggle these last 3 games.

Clemson returned most of their defense from last year, Bama did not. It made a big difference last night.

Added to that was horrible and inexplicable playcalling from Saban (the fake FG and running Tua on a bum ankle on 4th and goal); and a couple of blown pass interference calls that would have given Bama first downs inside the red zone in the 3rd quarter on consecutive drives. To be clear: I think Clemson was the better team and better prepared yesterday; but it's worth noting that between those two drives, Bama got a 3 and out on defense for one of the few times in the game. Had the correct calls been made and Bama continued to run the ball (which Clemson couldn't stop all night), then it could easily have been a 37-30 game in the 3rd quarter and who knows what would have happened from there.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Heard we finished second in his recruitment. Using UCF logic, by my calculations that means we get to take credit for 33.33 (repeating of course) percent of Clemson’s title.
You clearly do not truly understand UCF logic and way oversimplified the situation. Here's an example of how it really works (pay close attention):

UCF beat Pitt
Pitt beat Wake Forest
Wake Forest beat Duke
Duke beat Baylor
Baylor beat Vandy
Vandy beat UT
UT beat Auburn
Auburn beat Texas A&M
Texas A&M lost to Clemson by 2 points
Since no P5 teams will travel to UCF to play them (because they are afraid, of course), UCF gets spotted field goal when compared to Clemson.
UCF is therefore better than Clemson by 1 point and thus back-to-back "Nat'l Champs." (They're updating the stadium sign and the police cars as we speak........)

Did that help any?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Their secondary was a question mark going into the season since they lost so many top guys back there these last few years, but no team had been able to exploit it. Going up against elite offenses with top-notch QBs, RBs, and WRs saw them struggle these last 3 games.

Clemson returned most of their defense from last year, Bama did not. It made a big difference last night.

Added to that was horrible and inexplicable playcalling from Saban (the fake FG and running Tua on a bum ankle on 4th and goal); and a couple of blown pass interference calls that would have given Bama first downs inside the red zone in the 3rd quarter on consecutive drives. To be clear: I think Clemson was the better team and better prepared yesterday; but it's worth noting that between those two drives, Bama got a 3 and out on defense for one of the few times in the game. Had the correct calls been made and Bama continued to run the ball (which Clemson couldn't stop all night), then it could easily have been a 37-30 game in the 3rd quarter and who knows what would have happened from there.
Yeah, except Clemson lost Dexter Lawrence and couple of others to drug tests. If he was there I believe the running would have been curtailed. There were quite a few calls that could have been called against Bama. They were holding all night long. Leatherwood is not the OL I thought he would be. They moved him inside but his footwork on passing downs when the DLinemen go around him on a slant instead of bull rushing him is very suspect.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
After the offensive play calling, specifically in the red zone, I was able to find an inside clip of Saban in the locker room post game.

GleamingFarGuineapig-small.gif

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed watching Alabama get humiliated. I'm 'bout as sick to death of Bama as you can get. Unfortunately, it looks like Clemson is gonna' be the new Bama with less conference competition.
If there has to be a Bama or a new Bama, I prefer it be an SEC team (but not UGA, even I have limits)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator