Co-Caines Prediction Thread

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Florida 26 OT
Miami 23
You should be drug tested by your employer immediately.

Seriously, this isn't the Miamuh team from the early 00's, wtf scares you so much about them?

A Mac or Muschamp coached team would cruise to victory over these Canes most likely.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

Seriously, this isn't the Miamuh team from the early 00's, wtf scares you so much about them?

A Mac or Muschamp coached team would cruise to victory over these Canes most likely.

The thing that worries me is honestly the unknown and unproven Oline that could freeze on the big stage of a couple things go wrong and the fact that this is one of the more talented front sevens on D we’re going against in our first game and the fact that we’re losing Cjg in coverage...but if we win convincingly I have huge expectations for this season

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
May be a little tentative as first offensively but hope not. I see the D coming out and lighting them up.

Good Guys - 41
Work Release Dudes - 10

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The thing that worries me is honestly the unknown and unproven Oline that could freeze on the big stage of a couple things go wrong and the fact that this is one of the more talented front sevens on D we’re going against in our first game and the fact that we’re losing Cjg in coverage...but if we win convincingly I have huge expectations for this season
You're right, they could freeze, but Mullen(so far) seems to be able to get his teams up for big/rivalry games. Michigan, FSU, and LSU come to mind.

Hell even Cowbell was a big game when it happened last year, given all the storylines around the game.

I think he'll have them ready to play. Hopefully Franks plays loose and the oline shows up like they have something to prove, which they do.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
1. Based on current draft rankings, they have 4 guys on their front 7 who will be playing on Sundays. They are legit and will most certainly give our o-line a test. Being it is the first game, I simply have no clue what to expect from our o-line. I don't think we dominate their front 7.

2. The issue is their offense. Starting a true freshman and RS freshman at the tackle spots is rough. I expect them to really struggle at times against Zuniga and Greenard who will also be playing on Sundays in 2020.

3. They need to establish the run. If scUM is successful, it will be a close game. If they aren't, I think we win comfortably. Our DTs aren't great. I wouldn't even call them good. They are average. Reese is awful in coverage and our safeties are unpredictable. If they struggle, Grantham says he can more either Dean or Burney to those spots. We will see how the game plays out.

Score: UF wins 27-10

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They need to establish the run. If scUM is successful, it will be a close game. If they aren't, I think we win comfortably. Our DTs aren't great. I wouldn't even call them good. They are average. Reese is awful in coverage and our safeties are unpredictable. If they struggle, Grantham says he can more either Dean or Burney to those spots. We will see how the game plays out.
They aren't going to be able to establish the run if they are no threat to pass, which they won't be with a guy having his first start in a brand-new offense. UF needs to sell out to stop the run, and the rout will be on.

Go ahead and let that turd go after after Henderson and Wilson, and see what happens. Having two great corners is a huge advantage, as it allows you to be more aggressive up front.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
They aren't going to be able to establish the run if they are no threat to pass, which they won't be with a guy having his first start in a brand-new offense. UF needs to sell out to stop the run, and the rout will be on.

Go ahead and let that turd go after after Henderson and Wilson, and see what happens. Having two great corners is a huge advantage, as it allows you to be more aggressive up front.

But weak safety and LB play in coverage is what was exposed last season...that’s what I’m worrying about

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But weak safety and LB play in coverage is what was exposed last season...that’s what I’m worrying about
Exposed by a crappy freshman QB like this worthless kid Williams? He's awful. He might be sacked 12 times before he's mercifully pulled.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I actually agree and think we dominate them. I'm just not sure the score will indicate that since I do think our offense struggles in the first half.

This is my worry too. But, I don't think Williams will have the time to take advantage. Burney will make a huge difference in coverage. He is one of the fastest players on the team.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I know there’s a lot of confidence in Burney but they can throw to the strong side and they do have playmakers that will get chunks of yardage in front of our safeties and it only takes one breakdown for a kid like Thomas to take it all the way

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I just think their defense may make this kind of an ugly game. Ever since the series ended we seem to always play like crap against this team. Even in the one win in the Swamp our National Championship team team did nothing in the first half and only gained a paltry 300+ yards I think against a very mediocre Miami team.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I know there’s a lot of confidence in Burney but they can throw to the strong side and they do have playmakers that will get chunks of yardage in front of our safeties and it only takes one breakdown for a kid like Thomas to take it all the way

The ball actually has to get to him - accurately. You think a true freshman is going to keep JZ from feasting? No, their line is seriously terrible. Not quite FSU bad just yet...but putrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator