Co-Caines Prediction Thread

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All this expert analysis..... Read below and learn.

This certainly not a Miami team akin to their glory years. They are breaking in a new HC and have a very untested QB running an offense that was awful last year. Flipside is, their HC knows them very well and they are pretty stout on their defensive front 7. Plus, it is what it is. Even a crappy Miami team should have some athletes on the roster that can run and hit and make a play or two.

As for us: Mullen has solidified his rep as an excellent game day coach and if the last 4 games last year are any indication, something of a QB whisperer. Let's face it - although a talented athlete, Franks came into the program with issues that were compounded by Butterific coaching. I think Franks' last few games were nigh-on miraculous, given the history. There is no reason to believe Franks' progress won't continue. We are absolutely loaded at the skill positions. RB depth and skill has me thinking back to the Great Wall days - or SOS's loaded backfields. And we have a ton of guys that can catch the football and make some YAC. Our corners are very good as is our edge DLs. Flipside is, our OL is a mystery. They could dominate and they could get pushed around. And our defense lacks depth up the middle and the safeties are at best, meh. And our very talented corners lack proven depth.

So here's the thing. If you follow Vegas and point spreads for college football, you'd likely be shocked at how often they either get it spot-on, or within a point or two. We opened at -7.5 and the line hasn't changed. So logic dictates the odds favor us winning by 6 or 7 or 8 or so.

Therefore, my prediction is:

Good guys: 35
Convicts: 13
:lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How confident (in terms of dollars) is everyone in the over? I’d throw $50 down.

I'm not confident in that, early season usually Defense is ahead of offenses. And we don't know what to expect out of our O-line and UM doesn't know what they have at QB. Could be a lower scoring game due to those factors.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know there’s a lot of confidence in Burney but they can throw to the strong side and they do have playmakers that will get chunks of yardage in front of our safeties and it only takes one breakdown for a kid like Thomas to take it all the way

I do expect our safeties with Stewart out to get burned a time or two in this game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That is normal for you as an Eagles fan, you destroy what you love.

Honestly, I'm a little concerned for Jimmy Johnson and his pregame speech this weekend. He's getting older and his mind isn't the sharpest. I'm afraid he may get confused as to which former team that hasn't accomplished anything since the 90's he's talking to.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
28-10. Feliepe runs for one and throws for one and Perine runs for one as well. Marco gets the scoring started with a 1st quarter pick six. Game ends with 3 FF kneel downs @ the scUM 2 as CDM decides to take pity as the crowd, all UF at that point, screams for the Gators to score one more time. Post game grumbling is heard from Chatterers saying SOS would have punched in.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner folks

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm a little concerned for Jimmy Johnson and his pregame speech this weekend. He's getting older and his mind isn't the sharpest. I'm afraid he may get confused as to which former team that hasn't accomplished anything since the 90's he's talking to.

He is still using the hair spray to keep his head in place.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was Emmitt with him? Honorary coCane?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I do expect our safeties with Stewart out to get burned a time or two in this game.
He will need more than 3/4 of a second to throw to get the ball deep to someone who can beat a safety.

Did you miss the part where this kid has had 1 completion in 3 attempts last season in 0 starts?

Jesus Christ, Fever, you should take a Xanax or twenty.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I guess the Miami fans weren't lying. They had a stat showing when you took out the 3 joke non-Power 5 schools that Franks passing stats weren't good at all.

PFF I think had him the 2nd worst in the Power 5 when it came to intermediate pass attempts of 6-15 yards past the line of scrimmage.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
UF 28 - 1983 National Champions 3!

A great memory, I was there and was pissed when scum spoiled the shutout at the end. I don't just hate Miamuh, I've hated them for a long, long time. Back in Spurrier's senior season we went into the scum game 8-1, with a chance of the first-ever top ten finish in school history, against a decent but not great UM team. Of course they beat us, leaving us just outside the final top ten at number eleven. I was in HS then, but I still remember that as one of our more disappointing losses - and as an old-ass Gator fan, I've seen a few. But I digress, that was then and this is now.

UF 49 scum 7.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
A great memory, I was there and was pissed when scum spoiled the shutout at the end. I don't just hate Miamuh, I've hated them for a long, long time. Back in Spurrier's senior season we went into the scum game 8-1, with a chance of the first-ever top ten finish in school history, against a decent but not great UM team. Of course they beat us, leaving us just outside the final top ten at number eleven. I was in HS then, but I still remember that as one of our more disappointing losses - and as an old-ass Gator fan, I've seen a few. But I digress, that was then and this is now.

UF 49 scum 7.

The 1983 UF-UM game was the first game my wife (fiancé at the time) attended together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator