Coach Graves has passed...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
"Ray Graves got the ball rolling, Before him bowl games, Jan !st bowl games and All Americans were missing pretty much. He brought excitment and
great enjoyment to us back the sixties. Went to Bama and beat the bear for the first time ever there. Got us SOS (big thanks to his brother who tipped him off)
Got us to the first Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl. There are so many firsts with him I would have to research it some. On a lunch break right now.
He liked to bass fish. He was a true legend in Gator History. I cannot wait to hear what SOS says about him.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I still remember how star-struck and giddy I was when I first met him, and how gracious he was.

Rest in peace, Coach.

Gator Nation mourns.

May his memory be eternal.

Alex.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Graves made the Gatornation what it is today.

My father became a Gator fan because he thought Ray Graves was such a fine man. That obviously effected me as well. Now my father's grandsons are both Gator grads.It all started with Ray Graves.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hard to write anything about someone who I respected so much. For a very good part of my childhood, Coach Graves WAS Gator Football. RIP Coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Tuten introduced me Coach Graves when I was too young to know the impact he had on Gator Football. Rest In Piece Coach Graves.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n207001 said:
He doesn't meet the criteria.

Don't you think we can put the criteria aside in this case? The man brought Steve Spurrier and Jack Youngblood to the Gators. Two men already in the ROH. I think that fits the criteria.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorwitt;n207129 said:
Don't you think we can put the criteria aside in this case? The man brought Steve Spurrier and Jack Youngblood to the Gators. Two men already in the ROH. I think that fits the criteria.

If you makes exceptions for one, then you will have to start making exceptions for others. Best to just keep to the guidelines you already have made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.