Coach Mac and Nussy Meeting w/ The Griers Today

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Off topic, but as a fan of Star Trek when it first debuted, it hurts me to think that while Mr. Sulu was on the bridge appearing to be fighting the Klingons, he was more likely fantasizing about a naked Vulcan mind-meld with Mr. Spock and gently dabbing the sweat off a shirtless (and glistening) Capt. James Tiberius Kirk. Nothing, I've learned, is sacred anymore.

I'm pretty sure he was bunking down with Checkov the whole time. But what about that ultra-sexy Uhura? How did Kirk go that whole cruise without bedding that nubian MILF?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he was bunking down with Checkov the whole time. But what about that ultra-sexy Uhura? How did Kirk go that whole cruise without bedding that nubian MILF?
Are you sure? I thought they were an item?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I personally think the only way Grier will start immediately after his suspension next year is if whatever replacement we have is awful. I just don't see him coming back immediately. I can see Coach Mac splitting the reps like he did with Grier and Harris early this season and waiting for Grier to separate himself and get his timing back. Really all of this conversation is just speculation as we have no idea what's going to happen with Grier and we don't know all of the QB's that will be on the roster to begin next season.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you sure? I thought they were an item?

That's what I thought, too. I know they had an on-screen kiss that was considered somewhat scandalous at the time. Kirk also went after that alien chick in one episode. As the kids in school used to say some years back, Kirk was an intergalactic "playa from the himalayas!" Where Chekov is concerned, I'd be willing to bet that Sulu paid for his transport from an eastern block country through some Russian Wives type program, if Pasty's theory is correct. "Oh My," indeed!

Last edited:

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I personally think the only way Grier will start immediately after his suspension next year is if whatever replacement we have is awful. I just don't see him coming back immediately. I can see Coach Mac splitting the reps like he did with Grier and Harris early this season and waiting for Grier to separate himself and get his timing back. Really all of this conversation is just speculation as we have no idea what's going to happen with Grier and we don't know all of the QB's that will be on the roster to begin next season.

What?! This is all just speculation? :ohnoez:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Next year will be interesting. Grier actually might have a chance to come back mid-season. Why? I think the defense is going to take a rather large step back. The offense is a mess. People are going to wonder aloud about Mac when next year's record isn't as good even though the team might be actually moving forward overall.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to wonder aloud about Mac when next year's record isn't as good even though the team might be actually moving forward overall.
I have a pretty good feeling that you are going to be one of those people.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Meeting with MacNuss took place and Grier's arm was in a boot.
Lord, nothing to write about due to commit-stall.
No Gator FB to excite about due to turnstyle OL & nostyle Treon.
Then we got nostyle basketball. ??

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2 options I haven't seen discussed and I have no idea if they are feasible, so chime in if you know the rules for these situations.

First, could he go JUCO and return to any school of his choosing? Or would the suspension still be there? Is this a possible loophole? If he really wants to go pro this would give him a full year on the field and accumulate more film.

Second, how difficult is it to get a hardship transfer? Perhaps, he could get one for UNC and spend the first 6 games learning the system and try to start after?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2 options I haven't seen discussed and I have no idea if they are feasible, so chime in if you know the rules for these situations.

First, could he go JUCO and return to any school of his choosing? Or would the suspension still be there? Is this a possible loophole? If he really wants to go pro this would give him a full year on the field and accumulate more film.

Second, how difficult is it to get a hardship transfer? Perhaps, he could get one for UNC and spend the first 6 games learning the system and try to start after?

Why would he need to transfer? We have nothing coming in or on the roster that's going to keep him from starting once he's eligible again. Grier made throws, especially in the Tennessee and Ole Miss games, that some NFL QB's still struggle to make. The kid made a colossally stupid decision and is paying for it, but I still don't see any reason he should worry about starting here again once his suspension is finished. Grier and Allen* are the future for us, Franks and Del Rio are insurance. Gotta love Franks' desire to compete and confidence, but he has a long way to go before he can insert himself in this conversation.

* Allen looks further along in his development as a junior than Franks does now. Will be fun to see how quickly this staff can coach Franks up, however, because he has all the necessary tools to be a good one. The QB battle between Franks and Allen is shaping up to be a good one.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Is there a possibility that Franks (or Eason) could take 2nd team reps? Can't they still take a redshirt year as long as they don't see the field? Seems like such a waste to give Treon second team reps when one of those two true freshman could be getting meaningful practice time.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a possibility that Franks (or Eason) could take 2nd team reps? Can't they still take a redshirt year as long as they don't see the field? Seems like such a waste to give Treon second team reps when one of those two true freshman could be getting meaningful practice time.
Very good question and point. As long as they don't play more than the allotted amount in "games" they can redshirt. They can practice all they want and it doesn't affect their redshirt status at all. So yes, the Freshmen could certainly take the majority of the 2nd team reps and still keep their redshirt qualification so long as they don't play more than they're allowed in games.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Very good question and point. As long as they don't play more than the allotted amount in "games" they can redshirt. They can practice all they want and it doesn't affect their redshirt status at all. So yes, the Freshmen could certainly take the majority of the 2nd team reps and still keep their redshirt qualification so long as they don't play more than they're allowed in games.

Next question. As I understand it Grier can practice with the team. Could Grier take second team snaps?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

He inferred Chad Grier would be the one to make the mistake. That's the tree, not the apple. Question remains the same. How much of a dick is this guy?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Problem is, if you need a back up to take the snaps. To be ready in case the starter gets hurt.

Of course. So the answer is that Grier can legally take practice snaps.

The next question is - How many weeks will it take to get Grier ready?

Grier is eligible for the Mizzoo game then we have a bye week before UGA. But lets just assume the plan is to start Grier for UGA. He can get 2 weeks of first team snaps before Georgia. How much more does he need? It's a gamble but he could take second team snaps the week of the Mizzoo game. Mizzoo should stink on ice next year and the game is in the Swamp.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. So the answer is that Grier can legally take practice snaps.

The next question is - How many weeks will it take to get Grier ready?

Grier is eligible for the Mizzoo game then we have a bye week before UGA. But lets just assume the plan is to start Grier for UGA. He can get 2 weeks of first team snaps before Georgia. How much more does he need? It's a gamble but he could take second team snaps the week of the Mizzoo game. Mizzoo should stink on ice next year and the game is in the Swamp.

Alright, let's say the starter gets hurt three games into the season and you didn't have the back up getting any reps because they're all going to Grier. Where does that put the season and those three potential wins?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have a pretty good feeling that you are going to be one of those people.

We'll see. The offense has really nosedived. He did well earlier in the year and we had a fairly easy schedule. Ten games aside. If I told you that we went 1-4 vs ranked teams in any given year would you call that good? yes or no? 80% on here would say no and you freaking know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.