Coach Shopping

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we had the # 3 and ran him off and the #2 and stressed him out only to leave us with a overrated #52 who should be #129.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;63344 said:
So we had the # 3 and ran him off and the #2 and stressed him out only to leave us with a overrated #52 who should be #129.
Pretty much.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n63299 said:
I think its more on Muschamp and him insisting on Driskel. Just my opinion after seeing we are not running the same stuff Roper did at Duke and Driskel appears to be the limiting factor.

This is a good point. I too think that after what we've seen from Weis, to Pease, and now to Roper. JD simply cannot bring the full deal to any offensive scheme. One day he'll be on and then bam he sucks it up. No consistency and I too feel that his inability to is limiting Roper in the playcalling situation. And just with the 3 games we've seen it's very telling. Teams really need to account for only JD. As of now he is not running the ball. Take your chances with your DB's as he cannot connect on the majority of his passes. So stack the box, AGAIN with 7-8 or a +1 scheme (depending on the formation) and go with it. Pretty simple scheme against UF. We are not seeing the offense that Roper employed at Duke, at least not all of it. I would be nervous about starting TH at UT but with what we are facing.....I don't see the downside or no reason not to take a chance.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n63344 said:

Total BS. Absolute BS.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We ran Spurrier off so much that he was interested in coming back. Okie dokie.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n63424 said:
We ran Spurrier off so much that he was interested in coming back. Okie dokie.

So you're calling both he and his wife a liar for saying that they were driven off in large part due to the fans?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n63432 said:
So you're calling both he and his wife a liar for saying that they were driven off in large part due to the fans?

Our fans aren't any more demanding than any other base that has seen a lot of success. It comes with the territory.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n63473 said:
Our fans aren't any more demanding than any other base that has seen a lot of success. It comes with the territory.

Exactly

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n63473 said:

Agreed there, but so many people on this board are in SEVERE denial about why SOS left, especially when he and his wife have said on camera multiple times why they left.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I remember him being insanely mad about the fans not standing up for him and Ernest Graham. It was terrible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier left due to ego imo like many have - he wanted to try his hand in the pro's and just made those comments to say something like he always does with his style.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n63432 said:

I'll say it. Yes, I'm calling him and his wife a 'liar'.
SOS has a way of justifying everything he does.

He is Lord Gator, but he/his wife are not beyond that.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, SOS gotta SOS.

Love him just the same and wished he never left.

Gator Fever;n63501 said:
Spurrier left due to ego imo like many have - he wanted to try his hand in the pro's and just made those comments to say something like he always does with his style.
Exactly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n63481 said:
Agreed there, but so many people on this board are in SEVERE denial about why SOS left, especially when he and his wife have said on camera multiple times why they left.

That's fine. But his willingness to come back just a few years later tells me that he realized--the hard way--that my statement above is accurate.

Believe it or not, there are Usce fans on rivals that have complained about him for several years, for not getting them over the hump. In our defense, at least we had 10 years of domination before we began demanding so much.

Plenty of Osu fans have cooled on Meyer as well. Crazy yes, but just part of the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;63473 said:
:exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.