Coaches getting axed begins

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's an idea when hiring assistants:

Maryland: Former North Carolina defensive coordinator John Papuchis has joined the staff, according to InsideMDSports who reports he will coach linebackers & special teams. Yesterday we reported that Butch had been offered associate head coach. The InsideMD report says Butch has been hired. Butch is there helping Locksley; but has not formally accepted the position yet we are told. The deal is likely to happen; but not finalized we’re told. Source tells FootballScoop Mike Locksley plans to add DeMatha High head coach Elijah Brooks to his staff. One thing is clear, Locks is planning to load his staff with recruiters. #JimmiesAndJoes

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm still struggling to understand this little "Fire Up Chips" slogan.

Chippewas is the Central Michigan mascot so it means something like “hey team, let’s get fired up and kick some azz”.........or it more likely means that NcElwain is getting ready to burn the program to the ground.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Thoughts on the hire? My only knowledge of Briles is the tie to the Baylor scandal while he was on staff and his dad was head coach. Good hire by FSU from a football standpoint? Do you think his offense will work well there with Taggart as head coach?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Chippewas is the Central Michigan mascot so it means something like “hey team, let’s get fired up and kick some azz”.........or it more likely means that NcElwain is getting ready to burn the program to the ground.

He's going to completely get a pass for next season. They won 1 game this year, vs. a 1AA team. So he can go 3-9 and they'll say, "See, he was a great hire!!"

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's going to completely get a pass for next season. They won 1 game this year, vs. a 1AA team. So he can go 3-9 and they'll say, "See, he was a great hire!!"

Sad but true

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thoughts on the hire? My only knowledge of Briles is the tie to the Baylor scandal while he was on staff and his dad was head coach. Good hire by FSU from a football standpoint? Do you think his offense will work well there with Taggart as head coach?

Well, his dad was a hell of a coach and had a very exciting offense. But right now that program is "broken"....and the guy running it is the one who broke it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know they are the Chippewas, that's not what doesn't make sense. It's just silly...it should be like you said "Get Fired Up Chips!" or something like that. This is just stupid.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I know they are the Chippewas, that's not what doesn't make sense. It's just silly...it should be like you said "Get Fired Up Chips!" or something like that. This is just stupid.

Did you ever listen to one of his post game pressers when he was our coach? If so, you’d understand.

On a side note, this slogan could be a reference to barbecuing and his line of sauces and somebody misunderstood that it wasn’t meant to be for the football team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.