Coaches poll: most feel Jimbo is gone

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Most are saying the buyout is $5MM, but the Orlando Sentinel says it's $33MM. Not sure where they get the high figure from, but it sounds like a firing buyout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I stand corrected, law. I remember Fedora had come in as an OC from another school, so maybe that's part of what confused me. I don't remember how good 2004 was offensively, but I'll take your word for it.
It was hard to watch Zookball. Dink and dunk offense, bend defense, and lots of stupid. I dont blame you.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo Fisher is currently the 5th highest paid coach in college football, behind Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and Bob Stoops.

Why do they always forget to put Fooleys favorite dog in his rightful place as a top 3 highest paid coach? He should name his book Hiring Cheap Coches For Fun and Profit.

Greatest of all time AD. No wonder he made twice what Bammers AD does.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Dearest Law - Your avatar got me thinking... stay or leave, jimbo will get a ton of extre cash... will candi and mandingo, jr get a slice of that pie?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Hearing that an official offer has been made to Jimmy Sexton and the offer is $7.5 million a year. Wow!!!! If he turns that down he's dumber than he sounds!

tomahawk nation saying the LSU offer is 6 million and they will pay the 5 million buyout to get Jimbo over to Red Stick.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/flori...eport-jimbo-fisher-agent-upping-price-lsu-fsu

"TAF Is prepared to pay Fisher $6 million or MORE" this is what I noticed in that article and MORE is keyword. If LSU wants Jimbo it's going to take $7+ million to get him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Driving to Florida yesterday for the holiday I was listening to sports radio in N. Florida. FWIW the FSU beat writer for Scout.com was being interviewed said he didn't think Jimbo would leave for LSU. He thought it more likely that he would stay in Tally for one more year and then leave for the NFL. He also said it seems Jimbo's message to the players this season seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently Jimbo had to get the players to sign "contracts" earlier in the season when things starting going south pledging to give full effort and what not. He seems to think that it's probably close to being time for a change of scenery for the benefit of both parties. I found it rather interesting.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are always a lot of misdirections in this thing. A good AD always has rumors spreading that he is talking to other good candidates so they the primary target doesn't have all the bargaining power.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speculation on top of speculation......Jimmy Sexton is a master coaches agent.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm a bit scared by the thought of Fedora. He's a good recruiter also. I'd be quite sad. Like the dude.

Are you finally willing to admit that Fedora sucks? The guy is an average to below average head coach. I'm not sure what else people need to see to understand this concept. Today was a microcosm of everything wrong with the guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didnt say he is the next Spurrier, just that he is a solid coach. May make that next step at Fsu or Lsu, or may not. He has taken over two programs on probation and done well. There is a reason his name is on every list.

Is he better than Jimbob Bowdenbastard? Who knows but Jimbob is a known commodity, a three or four loss coach, without Rapeis.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I didnt say he is the next Spurrier, just that he is a solid coach. May make that next step at Fsu or Lsu, or may not. He has taken over two programs on probation and done well. There is a reason his name is on every list.
Do have to give Fedora props he's done well, but I'll never forget him sitting in a UF office with an Illini T-shirt on after they offered to let them coach it out. Then they were shown the road. I get it they were canned with Zook but just gotta rep the Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do have to give Fedora props he's done well, but I'll never forget him sitting in a UF office with an Illini T-shirt on after they offered to let them coach it out. Then they were shown the road. I get it they were canned with Zook but just gotta rep the Gators.
Fedora never wore an Illini shirt bro. Fedora went to Okie St ate. I remember the reports but dont remember who. It was just another one of those things that Fooley handled terribly.

You guys have Battered Zook Syndrome. I get it. I hated Zook sice the early 90s too.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora never wore an Illini shirt bro. Fedora went to Okie St ate. I remember the reports but dont remember who. It was just another one of those things that Fooley handled terribly.

You guys have Battered Zook Syndrome. I get it. I hated Zook sice the early 90s too.

Yep me too. I had always thought that was him, my bad.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Is he better than Jimbob Bowdenbastard? Who knows but Jimbob is a known commodity, a three or four loss coach, without Rapeis.

Southern Miss wasn't on probation when Fedora took over. The guy has had 2 good seasons out of 9 as head coach. The other 7 seasons have been garden variety 7-6, 8-5 type seasons. Plenty of coaches that aren't worth a shyt are on every list consistently (see Muschamp for one). That doesn't mean much.

I agree with you about Jimbo and have said for years I don't understand the love for a 3 loss per year coach that he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.