Coaches talk anonymously (again)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More at the link on other schools, here's what they said about UF:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/coaches-talk-anonymously-about-sec-teams-in-2016/

Florida

“I don’t know if anyone has deserved SEC Coach of the Year more than Jim McElwain last year because they coached their everloving tail off on offense to get as close as they got (to a championship). They just didn’t have the same talent as anyone else on offense in that league. Their offensive line was extremely weak and losing the quarterback killed them, but let me tell you, they are tough schematically because of all the shifts and motions. We played them with Will Grier, and we just had so much trouble. Out of the first 44 snaps they gave me 38 formations, and he was really, really good. I never really felt like I could get a bead on what they were doing. …”

“They’re going to need some of their younger guys to step up because they lost some studs between Vernon Hargreaves and Keanu Neal, who is going to play in the NFL for a long, long time. But they do have Quincy Wilson coming back with Jalen Tabor so they’re going to be solid on the back end.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More from SEC Country:

Florida:

“They didn’t play as well once they lost their quarterback, and it looked like on film they didn’t do a great job of adapting to Treon Harris, but that was a good team with Grier.”

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone see coaches corner with McElwain last night on SEC Network?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, I saw it. The scheme was there, and it was working until we got stuck with a half brain dead midget at QB.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2016

There is the actual lnik

“They were unreal on defense last year, just a bunch of talented and freakish guys. They’re resting on the laurels of some pretty good recruiting classes Will Muschamp put together, but our offensive staff was really impressed with Geoff Collins.”

“I don’t know if they’re talented enough offensively, but McElwain has always done a great job of getting the ball in the hands of his best players.”

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I keep thinking the same thing when it comes to Sloth.

“I don’t know with [Joshua] Dobbs. In my mind, he’s the one question they have offensively. He’s probably not as good as people make him out to be, but he does a solid job in their system.”

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Out of the first 44 snaps they gave me 38 formations, and he was really, really good. I never really felt like I could get a bead on what they were doing. …”

This just feels so good to hear about our offense. Imagine the machine running after a QB lasts more than 6 games and knows what to do, and is capable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just feels so good to hear about our offense. Imagine the machine running after a QB lasts more than 6 games and knows what to do, and is capable.

Tennessee is gonna get Bentlyed out of shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator