Coaching Moves this Off-season

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Arizona: Kevin Sumlin will be Arizona’s next head coach Gil Brandt reports (and others are now also reporting).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RapSheet: The #Titans announce they have fired coach Mike Mularkey. Unreal.

@AdamSchefter: So Josh McDaniels goes from being a favorite in Indianapolis....to being a favorite in Tennessee. McDaniels will be getting an HC job.

@RapSheet: #Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Why not hire him back immediately? They had so much success together before, Natties and such.
If Satan doesn't take him back, I have my suspicions we were played. We fell for the long-con.
We bought the tainted Saban-reject he pretended was the Sh!t. He was the Sh!t alright... 9-6 was all the proof anyone ever needed. :kiffin:

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Already posted this on Bammer OC search thread:

[Updated at 7:25 p.m.] Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa today and was in the football building, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Saban has always had a healthy respect for Freeze, who gave Alabama fits with his offense. Freeze was given a head coach restriction and two-game suspension but only if he were to become a head coach. He would face no restrictions as an assistant coach. (tidesports.com)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Already posted this on Bammer OC search thread:

[Updated at 7:25 p.m.] Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa today and was in the football building, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Saban has always had a healthy respect for Freeze, who gave Alabama fits with his offense. Freeze was given a head coach restriction and two-game suspension but only if he were to become a head coach. He would face no restrictions as an assistant coach. (tidesports.com)
I cant even imagine that.

Bammer running double reverse flim flams waggle passes?

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
@RapSheet: The #Titans announce they have fired coach Mike Mularkey. Unreal.

@AdamSchefter: So Josh McDaniels goes from being a favorite in Indianapolis....to being a favorite in Tennessee. McDaniels will be getting an HC job.

@RapSheet: #Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

I don’t get it. I don’t follow the NFL closely but I thought Mularkey had done a good job: 9-7 with a playoff win and Mariota coming along much better than jaMEis. Oh well. Hope Saban doesn’t think to call him...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get it. I don’t follow the NFL closely but I thought Mularkey had done a good job: 9-7 with a playoff win and Mariota coming along much better than jaMEis. Oh well. Hope Saban doesn’t think to call him...
I got the feeling they wanted Josh McDaniels and thought they could swoop in and get him. Not looking good. What really happened was they told Mularkey to change OCs to maximize Mariota more and he wouldn't make the change.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Texas A&M: Minnesota defensive backs coach Maurice Linguist will join the Texas A&M staff, according to TexAgs. Linguist is a Texas native, and that would complete Jimbo Fisher’s staff.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere he wouldn't make staff changes and fell on the sword. Hmm....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta think this helps the good guys.

@FootballScoop: Strong play by Tom Herman

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Washington: Co-defensive coordinator / defensive backs coach Jimmy Lake will move up to defensive coordinator and play-caller, and previous defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski will remain on staff as a co-defensive coordinator, a person with direct knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Athletic's Chantel Jennings. Bruce Feldman first reported the news. Lake received interest for bigger jobs this offseason.

UCLA: Former offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch will interview for the Atlanta Falcons quarterbacks job, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.

Arizona: Kevin Sumlin’s contract is a five-year deal worth $14.5 million, according to Brett McMurphy. It pays $2 million annually in the first two years and $3.5 in the final three years. Sumlin also confirmed that defensive coordinator Marcel Yates will be retained.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gotta think this helps the good guys.

@FootballScoop: Strong play by Tom Herman

Yep, this helps w/ NPF and Barnes/Montilus. But I think our biggest challenge for NPF is Alabama and Barnes/Montilus is UNC.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather have the combo of Barnes/Montilus than just NPF (if we can get NPF and another OL I'd be happy w/ that).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DanWolken: Source: UNLV expected to hire Tim Skipper as defensive coordinator. Had been on Florida’s staff the last three years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@DanWolken: Source: UNLV expected to hire Tim Skipper as defensive coordinator. Had been on Florida’s staff the last three years.

I hope no one's holding their breath waiting for Butters, Nussmeir, and/or Nord to get work. Honestly, I'm shocked McElwain was even mentioned w/ Alabama's opening. After watching the sh*t-show he, Nuss, and Nord put on the field the last three years it would be a wonder if they could land a job as a JV high school position coach!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope no one's holding their breath waiting for Butters, Nussmeir, and/or Nord to get work. Honestly, I'm shocked McElwain was even mentioned w/ Alabama's opening. After watching the sh*t-show he, Nuss, and Nord put on the field the last three years it would be a wonder if they could land a job as a JV high school position coach!
Honestly none of them need to work. UF is still paying out the raises they got right before the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.