Coaching search 2021

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know it is a wild longshot, but I suppose there's a tiny chance CDM could be lured to the NFL.
there has to be some NFL owner out there who wants to run the option and have his 200 million dollar quarterback be a willing runner.

yeah I'm sure of it

Last edited:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
there has to be some NFL owner out there who wants to run the option and have his 200 million dollar quarterback run keepers constantly.

yeah I'm sure of it

I don't think Mullen to the NFL is likely. I'm just reporting what I've read.

So fuchs off.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If riley wants to win a championship, he needs to come to the SEC or the ACC. Despite the posters who have been beaten down to the point they believe florida cant compete with the top of the conf due to academics and financial reasons, i still believe florida is one of if not the premier program in the SEC. And has more in state talent than any other SEC state. Riley with florida talent could be a real game changer and for a guy who probably wants to get rings, could be appealing to him, if fuchs and strick actually broke the checkbook out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's say Dan coaches tomorrow night, then fields an NFL offer and bolts next week. Who would we hire? Somebody like Fleck or Campbell? Would Spurrier pull an Alvarez? With Strychnine in charge and FOOLey in his ear, the hire would be a royal dud more than likely, like a Malzhan or Chizik.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell.

Jeebus.

Some of you just CANT GET ENOUGH of ball control, 4 loss coaches.

Hell, Malzahn is 10 times the coach of Campbell. 3-5 vs Saban? Those dont grow on trees.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell.

Jeebus.

Some of you just CANT GET ENOUGH of ball control, 4 loss coaches.

Not that I would want Campbell Donkey, the pickings would be slim, or Strychnine/Foley would say so.

If it were to happen, I'd say take a shot at Cristobal, for his recruiting ability alone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i was wrong, Campbell is usually a 5-6 loss coach.

29-25 in Big 10.

Yeah, he is exactly the Big Lots reject rack coach that FOOLEY and FOOLEY Jr would want.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If it were to happen, I'd say take a shot at Cristobal, for his recruiting ability alone.
I would look for some aggressive OC. Like Joe Bradyish /Spurrierish guy. Look for the right ingredients.

A proven ACC champ like SOS or WAC and MAC fast Champ fast mover like CUM would be great but there are none.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Mullen now and we may end up with Bobby Petrino.
Seriously I'd like to hear some names. Are we going to try the up and coming coordinator path again? Because at UF that's just what we need - someone without head coaching experience. Or the one hit wonder path like Herman or Frost?
We've floated names around in other threads. Truth is we don't know who'll be available in 2023. If Mullen were to leave tomorrow, my top choices would be matt Campbell or Hugh freeze. I'd be open to giving Brian Johnson the keys if he'd make some staff changes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
W, my top choices would be matt Campbell.
please tell me what about that piece of **** means he needs another job?

His 29-25 record?

the fact that he sometimes doesn't score for a month?

the fact that he's a poor recruiter?

or just the fact that Sasquatch declared him to be the next great coach along with Fuentes?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
please tell me what about that piece of **** means he needs another job?

His 29-25 record,?

the fact that he sometimes doesn't score for a month?

the fact that he's a poor recruiter?

or just the fact that Sasquatch declared him to be the next great coach along with Fuentes?
I'd like to see isu's record before he got there. I'm not crazy about his style either. Who knows who'll be available when the time comes. I'm just basing it on now. Not alot to choose from.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Law's right. I'm out on Campbell. I want an offensive coach that wants to score 60 a game. A coach that wants to score and understand that it's the defenses job to stop the other team, not the offenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.