Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
He was promoted to the DC in February.
Sweet. Give him a look. It didn't sound like the staff was going to be fully in place until January. I think that's a mistake with the way things have changed, but then I think paying Dan Mullen 7 million to coach here is also a mistake. Dan Quinn was amazing here and obviously deserved to move up the ladder the way he did. If there's real interest in coming back here and doing the work in recruiting I'm all for it. Lord knows the safeties could use the help.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We have also learned that current running back coach Ja'Juan Seider is expected to be retained as the running backs coach. Seider is a terrific recruiter and showed his merit as a coach with the Gator running backs playing much better than expected, especially the two young backs in Malik David and Adarius Lemons.

Staying on the offensive side, we are also hearing that assistant Brad Davis is expected to be asked to stay on. The dilemma being that Hevesy is an offensive line coach too. However, when Hevesy coached with Mullen back at Florida, there were two offensive line coaches at the time. We aren’t sure what to expect here.

On the other side of the ball, we have heard that defensive line coach and Co-defensive coordinator Chris Rumph is expected to be asked to stay on. Rumph has coached the position for three years at Florida and is highly regarded for his work at the position. He assumed defensive play calling duties late in the season this year, after Randy Shannon was promoted to Interim Head Coach. Rumph has been able to bring in some top talent along the front and has shown maybe the best ability to get players ready to play at their positions as any assistant currently at Florida.

Lastly, we are hearing that Randy Shannon will be asked to stay on in some capacity. Shannon was Defensive Coordinator before assuming the interim Head Coach role. He has the respect of the school and the athletic administration.

The word is also that Todd Grantham, the defensive coordinator at Mississippi State, will join Mullen at Florida in the same capacity. However, some believe that Grantham may be up for the head coaching spot at MSU.

MSU safety coach Ron English has also been a name we have heard mentioned for the same position at Florida. We haven’t heard quite as much chatter but can believe that.

We expect strength and condition coach Nick Savage to also move on from MSU and become the strength and conditioning coordinator at Florida. Savage is highly respected and we have heard Mullen has told the team to expect a big change in that department and soon.

Finally, Director of Football Operations Jon Clark at Mississippi State is expected to follow Mullen. Clark has actually held the same position at Florida under Urban Meyer, but left to do the job at MSU with Mullen.

We want to point out that if the jobs are offered it doesn’t mean that the coaches will take the position. Coaching changes cause a lot of reactions at a lot of schools and other more attractive promotions may open up elsewhere. But we feel confident at Fightin’ Gators that these are some main targets for Mullen as he looks to fill out his staff.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

lNEg8.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
You're "how old" and still asking that question??? :D
Found that one. Father of four and trying to avoid the Mrs. who has it in her head she wants a girl to tip the household balance. She can be...persuasive. I caught her with pink paint samples in the man cave this past weekend. Lord knows I might not be using it much to watch the football team if things don't improve beyond what I'm expecting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hevessy also coached TEs I think. Could be like coOC/run game coordinator/ TE coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.