College Applications These Days are a PITA!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
UPDATE: So, my 3 sons got good news on Friday - accepted by UF. Really wasn’t optimistic about all 3 making it in, just bc of the degree of randomness involved. Certainly saves me from the heartbreak I’d have suffered if 2 got in and 1 didn’t.

One may wind up in G-ville, but they all seem to like what the UCF Honors College has to offer. It’s up to them, but it’s good to have options. Also important to find the right fit.

BTW, the stunner last month was FSU busting out a 10% acceptance rate!! That’s crazy in itself, but Google tells me FSU had a 58% acceptance rate in 2016. The competition for university spots is nuts, and it was much more stressful for me and Mrs. Author than it was for our boys.

Hope all’s well with you guys.
Congrats! And like you and the Mrs. the whole process was worse for us than the kids; especially my daughter - she was incredibly blase about the whole thing. Oh, and I too am dubious of that FSU acceptance rate.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
UPDATE: So, my 3 sons got good news on Friday - accepted by UF. Really wasn’t optimistic about all 3 making it in, just bc of the degree of randomness involved. Certainly saves me from the heartbreak I’d have suffered if 2 got in and 1 didn’t.

One may wind up in G-ville, but they all seem to like what the UCF Honors College has to offer. It’s up to them, but it’s good to have options. Also important to find the right fit.

BTW, the stunner last month was FSU busting out a 10% acceptance rate!! That’s crazy in itself, but Google tells me FSU had a 58% acceptance rate in 2016. The competition for university spots is nuts, and it was much more stressful for me and Mrs. Author than it was for our boys.

Hope all’s well with you guys.

Congrats on your sons' achievements and acceptances to UF. Just curious, and the details may be available in an earlier post that I didn't read, but how did you end up with 3 sons applying to UF at the same time? Were they all applying as freshmen? Do you have twins? triplets? Just curious.

I think the the best advice you give is that it is "important to find the right fit". A student can do really well at one school and not so well at another place. The best advice is to let your sons decide where they want to go to school, if within means and reason, and they you and your wife support them. Good luck.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The FSU 10% acceptance rate is because they changed their entrance requirements from 2 up to 3 previous allowed arrests. This really opened the door to a whole new group of ex-cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator