College Basketball Unbeaten Teams Watch

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which team or teams may go undefeated or end up the lasting the longest until they lose if they do? So far these are the 9 undefeated teams 6 WEEKS into the season: Kansas, Nevada, Virginia, St Johns, Houston, Michigan, Buffalo, Texas Tech, and FURMAN. Who will be the last to loss? I really don't see Nevada losing a game during the regular season. They have too much firepower and experience and will end up with a top 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney and will be a darkhorse to win it all. They are legit Final 4 and pretty much guaranteed to get to the Final 4 depending on how their bracket breaks. Furman and Buffalo both play in weak conferences so they have a good chance at going undefeated in the regular season. Road games can be tough as usual so you never know there. We will see how it all plays out!

One unusual fact about all 9 remaining unbeaten college basketball teams | NCAA.com

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not too excited

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mostly all surprise teams that is for sure!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The SOCON isn't as weak as you state JBoss, they have four teams in the top 100 RPI.

Furman plays at the Corndogs in ten days. I think the magic ends there.

People forget Frank Selvy is the only player in D1 ball to score 100 in a game, in 1954 at FU, without a 3 point line too.

My alma mater took them to OT at their place earlier this season, that loss isn't looking so bad right now.

Sad thing is, FU could go something like 28-2 in the regular season, but if they don't win the SOCON tourney, they won't make the dance, but some 17-15 also ran from a Power 5 will.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G-Webb in first place in their league at 8-5. Looks like their year to get to the Big Dance!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Down goes Texas Tech. Duke snuffs their undefeated torch. And then there were 8...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
G-Webb in first place in their league at 8-5. Looks like their year to get to the Big Dance!

Our best shot since our move up to D1. Regular season winner in Big South hosts tourney, so every game is key. Radford, Winthrop, even Tubby Smith at High Point all present challenges.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Buffalo Trashed by Marquette 103-85. Wow 2 undefeated teams down in one night!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Down goes #1 KU 80-76 @ASU. Undefeated teams dropping like flies now. Down to 6...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah so that makes Nevada the #1 team in the nation now where they will stay until April 2019

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only 4 teams left that are undefeated. Michigan, Virginia, Nevada, and Houston. Nevada the only team with the most realistic chance to go undefeated the rest of the way with their UCF type schedule. Our very own NV has to be glowing right now I am sure. Go NV!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only 4 teams left that are undefeated. Michigan, Virginia, Nevada, and Houston. Nevada the only team with the most realistic chance to go undefeated the rest of the way with their UCF type schedule. Our very own NV has to be glowing right now I am sure. Go NV!

Strength of schedule for those 4 teams:

Michigan #20
Virginia #24
Nevada #35
Houston #102

I wouldn’t say Nevada has a UCF type schedule. Perhaps you meant Houston?

NCAA College Basketball Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator