College Football National Championship Game Thread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Nice blog. I can't tell you how shocked I am that an admitted uga fan has written a positive spin on Monday's game, along with (gasp) dozens of supportive posts by the likes of people names "hillbilly dog" and "St Johns dog". I just really didn't see that coming.

Further, I see two men at the top of the page. One was a PCP smoking, woman beating, felon who was in and out of prison, divorced 4 times(not the traits of a husband it seems) with illegitimate children scattered all over the country. And he's still not the worst human being in the picture.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
I have never felt more happy, honored, and proud of a team that did as much as this years Dawgs squad. The rest of your post is stupid drivel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have never felt more .
I will say watching your chump team get azz spanked by Barn then getting their loser azz hearts ripped out by Bammer was one of the bright spots this season.

It was great entertainment.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I have never felt more happy, honored, and proud of a team that did as much as this years Dawgs squad. The rest of your post is stupid drivel.
Sooo, moral victories are awesome is what you're saying? Sure you're not a Voles fan?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You won the SEC, so you won't get any argument from me that you have some things of which to be proud. But in terms of it being some monumental year, that's crazy. You had the unlikely scenario of two ridiculous backs and several defensive players electing to return(credit to Smart for that) giving your freshman QB a huge base to build from. Similar to our '06 team, you had a solid group of experienced upperclassmen inherited from a previous staff, combined with a few highly talented younger guys that provided a needed spark. You had your two chief East rivals in shambles, one of whom you caught with a lame-duck head coach. You were blown out by your oldest SEC rival, and then ultimately needed them to do you a favor a few weeks later to help you win an SEC title that Monday showed you wouldn't have otherwise.

Sure years like '94 and '01 were fun for us, and there are things from those season that are fond memories. But you won't ever hear a Gator describing them in the words you used above. I think that's really the difference.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sure years like '94 and '01 were fun for us, and there are things from those season that are fond memories. But you won't ever hear a Gator describing them in the words you used above. I think that's really the difference.
Don't remind me of 2001....damn Tennessee, damn 2 point conversion and damn 9/11

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't remind me of 2001....damn Tennessee, damn 2 point conversion and damn 9/11

We were a 2 point conversion away. I've never been as honored as I was that night. Even took a pic by the scoreboard and have it as my desktop. Just super proud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we remember all the two loss coaches with great esteem, guys like Mushcramp and Ray Goof.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were a 2 point conversion away. I've never been as honored as I was that night. Even took a pic by the scoreboard and have it as my desktop. Just super proud.
I got a tattoo of that scoreboard on my azz. I have Mushcramp's face and 11-1* (11-2) on the other cheek.

Very proud of those two loss seasons, probably as proud as all those that the voles had.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have never felt more happy, honored, and proud of a team that did as much as this years Dawgs squad.
That's pretty sad honestly, and not something I would admit. Of course, I suppose I'm biased because we win championships around here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I got a tattoo of that scoreboard on my azz. I have Mushcramp's face and 11-1* (11-2) on the other cheek.

Very proud of those two loss seasons, probably as proud as all those that the voles had.

Frankly, I'm a little scared to ask where the '15 and '16 "East Champs" tattoos are.

gooneygoogoo

Dec 3, 2015
You won the SEC, so you won't get any argument from me that you have some things of which to be proud. But in terms of it being some monumental year, that's crazy. You had the unlikely scenario of two ridiculous backs and several defensive players electing to return(credit to Smart for that) giving your freshman QB a huge base to build from. Similar to our '06 team, you had a solid group of experienced upperclassmen inherited from a previous staff, combined with a few highly talented younger guys that provided a needed spark. You had your two chief East rivals in shambles, one of whom you caught with a lame-duck head coach. You were blown out by your oldest SEC rival, and then ultimately needed them to do you a favor a few weeks later to help you win an SEC title that Monday showed you wouldn't have otherwise.

Don’t forget, they also had the fortune of not losing a single starter to injury all year (except for Eason which worked well for them). At least that’s what the announcer said. I’ve never heard of anything like that. Couple that with 31 seniors and going 2-2 against good teams and it’s actually an embarrassing season for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.