Colleges are reducing stadium capacity

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude. :facepalm:

Mullen has coached in the SEC for over a freakin' decade. If he's just now getting to know these 5* recruits then you just made the case for everyone who's been saying he's a lousy recruiter.
He was busy just looking at Miss recruits I guess.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Fooley's influence is waning. All the UAA parrots are finally admitting we need facilities to compete. Now it is just a matter of cleaning the rest of the Foley Era trash out of the AD's office and stepping on the gas.

I'm not sure Stricklin survives the Mullinz hire regardless.

You are assuming Fuchs wants a football school...

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Dude.

Mullen has coached in the SEC for over a freakin' decade. If he's just now getting to know these 5* recruits then you just made the case for everyone who's been saying he's a lousy recruiter.
Dude:facepalm:
He has been at little MSU with little resources to compete with Bama for 5 star recruits and has been competing with recruiting cheater and on probation Ole Miss in little Mississippi. He had job security at MSU but knew if he wanted to get to the next level he needed to go to one of the big schools that have more fertile recruiting grounds and more money.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think that seats need to be more comfortable as our older graduates need a better experience. The swamp has been massively expanded over the years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think that seats need to be more comfortable as our older graduates need a better experience. The swamp has been massively expanded over the years.
I'd settle for a sore ass and a pair of first downs on the opening possession.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He has been at little MSU and not getting on probation and has been competing with recruiting cheater and on probation Ole Miss in little Mississippi. He had job security at MSU but knew if he wanted to get to the next level he needed to go to one of the big schools that have more fertile recruiting grounds and more money.
If he was chasing more fertile recruiting grounds then why are all the blue chippers from outside of Florida mostly this class and why were we California dreaming?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he was chasing more fertile recruiting grounds then why are all the blue chippers from outside of Florida mostly this class and why were we California dreaming?
Exactly. He is currently recruiting Florida as well as McElwain did, and if he was a good recruiter to begin with he never would've lost ties with all of the Florida highschools when he moved to Starkville.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd like to see them reduce thousands of seats at Florida Field and replace them with those electric recliners they have at the movie theaters these days. Those are AWESOME.

Besides, who needs student seats anymore?

Not a big fan of those recliners at the movies. If we’re honest, it’s basically a non-sexual brothel. I want to sit and touch movie theatre seats as little as possible as it is. But I see people bringing blankets and practically making out with those recliners like they’ve never sat in one before, and with little regard for the last slob who spent 2 hours doing the very same thing. It’s disgusting.

As for the students not showing, I blame Bravo. Who can blame them for skipping a game to watch an all day Kardashian’s or Shahs of Sunset marathon? Product on the field or not(do most even really know what’s going on anyway) you can’t compete with that.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
My bad. Did not know about that 4 star recruit. That was not Ole Miss level and Mullen does not appear to be implicated like the Ole Miss coach was.

My Bama friend says that due to their lack of resources whenever the Missisippi schools beat Bama for 5 star recruits expect that to be followed by eventual probation for the Mississippi school .

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
He has been at little MSU with little resources to compete with Bama for 5 star recruits and has been competing with recruiting cheater and on probation Ole Miss in little Mississippi. He had job security at MSU but knew if he wanted to get to the next level he needed to go to one of the big schools that have more fertile recruiting grounds and more money.

This I actually agree with

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
What can I say? Im still a pumper full of hope that we will some day hire a championship corch again like Pell, SOS or Creyer.
Pell never got a AP type national title.

We will not hire a Bama boy like Pell again. UF has been probation free for decades since Pell. Pell did get Ben Hill Griffin to donate money to UF football which helped UF but he also used too many Bama recruiting techniques which got UF on probation which sent top Florida talent to Miami and FSU and built up their programs.

Our last two Bama former assistant coaches Mac and Muschamp failed also. Hiring former Bama assistant coaches took Foley down.

Do it the Florida way not the Bama way. The last time UF won national titles Spurrier and Mullen were on campus. They will dig UF out of the Bama funk that Mac and Muschamp got UF in.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We will not hire a Bama boy like Pell again. UF has been probation free for decades since Pell. Pell did get Ben Hill Griffin to donate money to UF football which helped UF but he also used too many Bama recruiting techniques which got UF on probation which sent top Florida talent to Miami and FSU and built up their programs.

Our last two Bama coaches Mac and Muschamp failed also. Hiring Bama coaches took Foley down.
You really do know how to go off on a tangent, esp knowing that wasn't the replied-to poster's essential point.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Our last two Bama former assistant coaches Mac and Muschamp failed also. Hiring former Bama assistant coaches took Foley down.

Do it the Florida way not the Bama way. The last time UF won national titles Spurrier and Mullen were on campus. They will dig UF out of the Bama funk that Mac and Muschamp got UF in.

Pell gave us our first SEC Championship in over 70 years. I have the coke bottles to prove it. And followed up with a 2nd in '85. Probation was worth it. These days you've got to be extra stopid-dumb to get probation. You can bend the f out of the rules and get away with it. Pell left Spurrier with the foundation for excellence. halFaSsU and scUM were going to get their share of recruits simply because of Florida's population growth.

I get that academics don't care about football NC's. You're all about the squeaky clean image, all sports trophies, graduation rates and being debt free. Take it to a nerd board. We don't give a flying fcvk. We want football NC's! If we go in debt, even better. Show's we're trying. Couldn't care less about a few nefarious players as long as the suit up on Saturday - just like our competition. Bend the rules - just like our competition. Wave academics for retards - just like our competition.

Commit to winning the SEC every year or join the Ivy League. I have no desire to be the next Vanderbilt in the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator