Colorado baseball kids snubbed.....

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure he went about this the most professional way or was a good representation of the school. If you don't want to recruit a kid because of where he is from, etc.....just tell the kid you don't have a spot on the team for him...you don't have to make it political.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I appreciate the honesty.

It only allowed me to give you 1 like for your views on the subject. I am with you. Honesty, sincerity, dependability, accountability, responsibility, dependability are characteristics that are almost impossible to locate in today's society!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Why not ask the kid to submit to a wiz quiz within a certain number of days? That would establish whether he’s a significant risk. Otherwise, you’re turning away talent you might need.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Even if you've been getting burned by players from Colorado failing drug tests, you don't say it like that.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It only allowed me to give you 1 like for your views on the subject. I am with you. Honesty, sincerity, dependability, accountability, responsibility, dependability are characteristics that are almost impossible to locate in today's society!
Lol

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even if you've been getting burned by players from Colorado failing drug tests, you don't say it like that.

Yeah, not the most prudent move. I think his frustration was probably coming through. Suppose you're the baseball coach at a small college with a very limited recruiting budget and you are consistently burned (no pun intended) by kids from Colorado who you've spent time and money cultivating only to find out they can't pass a drug test.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hmm, don't know about this. I would probably keep the political part between me and the AD and give the potheads a fair chance at playing sports and video games. Lol

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The coach got fired. Serves him right. :lmao2:
Fine to fire the coach, but doesn't deal with the conflict between a culture that denies pot (sports) and a culture that embraces it. Where does this go? Just read that pedestrian/auto accidents are immediately up 16 per cent in seven pot states. Will the pot states' sports teams be perpetual bottom dwellers?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just read that pedestrian/auto accidents are immediately up 16 per cent in seven pot states.

.... so they're gonna test the team bus drivers? ... Understandable, since driving simulators show that "DUI-pot" slows breaking-reflex down significantly. However, those crash-drivers are noted to be on cruise control throughout the entire booking process. :cool:

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Only on college campuses can you not get fired for calling for the death of the prez, or all white people are racist, but get fired for saying the legalization of pot is leading to a bunch of potheads...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fine to fire the coach, but doesn't deal with the conflict between a culture that denies pot (sports) and a culture that embraces it. Where does this go? Just read that pedestrian/auto accidents are immediately up 16 per cent in seven pot states. Will the pot states' sports teams be perpetual bottom dwellers?

It’s legal to drink but it’s still illegal to drink and drive. Same with pot. It’s a DUI.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, not the most prudent move. I think his frustration was probably coming through. Suppose you're the baseball coach at a small college with a very limited recruiting budget and you are consistently burned (no pun intended) by kids from Colorado who you've spent time and money cultivating only to find out they can't pass a drug test.

Then simply say, “no thank you. Not interested.” The coach made it political. Nobody can seem to keep their mouth shut anymore and they have to make everything political.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Yet it would be ok to recruit kids from states where alcohol is legal? Getting drunk is acceptable but getting high is not acceptable? Just curious.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Then simply say, “no thank you. Not interested.” The coach made it political. Nobody can seem to keep their mouth shut anymore and they have to make everything political.
Not excusing or justifying it. Just speculating on where it came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb