Colt's happy Morrison improving, and another Gator next to him

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...dBlitzRss&utm_campaign=indystar/colts?src=rss

“The hardest thing to teach one of those inside linebackers is to have some patience and expand your vision,” Monachino said. “Antonio a year ago, at times, saw the game through a straw. Now he’s seeing it through a bay door. It’s slowing down for him. It allows him to see some formational things. He’s got a great feel for depth and route concepts. He just continues to play beyond what his limitations are to where you almost don’t notice the limitations anymore.”

Yeah, about those limitations…

They’re not something that can be dismissed. Morrison will never be mistaken for a track star. He lacks the kind of sideline-to-sideline speed you need from today’s NFL linebacker. Remember, this is a guy who ran a plodding 5-second 40-yard dash at his pre-draft pro day. (He ran it over the objections of his doctor as he was coming off a knee injury.)

But at those times last season when Morrison actually figured out where to go, he managed to announce himself in a violent fashion. Frankly, he’s the kind of physical force the Colts don’t have enough of. If he can play the game with more savvy in 2017, the Colts could benefit from that physicality more often.

“It’s great to have a thumper at inside linebacker,” Monachino said. “Not only does he have that innate ability to come downhill and strike people, but he understands the run game, he knows where the fit belongs, knows where to (funnel) the run to. It’s really important.”

Comment as you desire.
Play Video

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting thread title.

Yes I am lazy, did you read the article? Or the small summary?

I like to see our Gator players who are capable to go on and have an NFL career, many of them desire one and them having success can help recruiting etc.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was interesting:
giphy.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw him out there a few times. He looked alright. Seemed to have a little more nose for the football than at UF. When he was here he had a ton of assisted tackles but wasn't great at breaking up plays right near the line of scrimmage like some LBs we had in the past.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is interesting that you would interestingly bring up this interesting article that we are all interested in reading about.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I thought it was interesting when he knocked the pi$$ out of EJ Manuel to secure our last victory against the Noles.

That was a long time ago, pathetic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure what happened in this thread, and I'm nearly positive I don't want to.

trailerparkboyseyesfollowingunknown.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I......ahhh.....I'm....ahhh.....I'm not ...ahhh....I'm not really sure what the hell's going on in this thread.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.