Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
:facepalm:

I remember reading articles back when we were recruiting Rainey about his supposedly terrible home situation and how he was taken in by the Pounceys. At the time I thought that the structure of a normal home life was going to be his salvation and keep him from trouble. But now, after learning more about the Pounceys, I'm beginning to wonder if it was a "frying pan to fire" situation.
Where have you been, Div?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
This guy nailed it.

Zachary Antonelli · Mt. Diablo High School Too bad for Rainey. If he was a bit more talented, he could have gotten away with it.

Someone should do a study on 'TALENT' to 'HEADACHE' releases. This double standard should be quantified in some way.

Yes, Rainey was always on the short end of the talent to headache/embarrassment to talent ratio.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
An Urban Meyer player not being disciplined? That's shocking, just shocking!
I think we should blame Creyer, if nothing else, just to piss off Ox.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rainey is a bum on and off the field

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know anything about the character of your boy, Rainey, but the Colts could really have used his explosiveness in their special teams return game. I wonder as time goes by if Meyer will be remembered more for his bad seeds than NC's.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Set off a fire extinguisher? Who is he? Willie Williams?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think one lesson is that when you're trying to make a football team and are already on thin ice, don't be a dumbass. It doesn't seem like that hard of a concept to me. Put down the fire extinguisher and go read a book or something.

Also, ripping an ex-teammate on Twitter is certainly going to show the kind of maturity coaches want to see to give you yet another chance. :rolleyes:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I think one lesson is that when you're trying to make a football team and are already on thin ice, don't be a dumbass. It doesn't seem like that hard of a concept to me. Put down the fire extinguisher and go read a book or something.

Also, ripping an ex-teammate on Twitter is certainly going to show the kind of maturity coaches want to see to give you yet another chance. :rolleyes:
Your post implies he can read.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
An Urban Meyer player not being disciplined? That's shocking, just shocking!
I blame Meyer when I spill milk.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
I don't know anything about the character of your boy, Rainey, but the Colts could really have used his explosiveness in their special teams return game. I wonder as time goes by if Meyer will be remembered more for his bad seeds than NC's.
NC's override everything.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see this guy ever working a 40 hour a week job. Hopefully the Pouncys with take care of him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Owner gets caught drunk driving with enough pills in his car to kill King Kong, nothing happens to him. Player messes around with fire extinguisher, fired.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Owner gets caught drunk driving with enough pills in his car to kill King Kong, nothing happens to him. Player messes around with fire extinguisher, fired.
There is probably more to it than that.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n19447 said:

This statement goes too far. Clearly, though, we paid a price for those two NCs from the perspectives of image/standards/character, etc.

Two related questions:

1. In this day and age, is it even possible to build a roster at a Power 5 school with high character kids like Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow?

2. If that is even possible today - can you win with them?

Or, does each school have to hold their nose and populate rosters with thugs or kids that have no business in college simply to win football (and basketball) games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator