Columbus High builds athletic center; UF finally pours small concrete pad after only 6 yrs

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FSU announces plans for football only facility:

FSU announces plans for new standalone football facility

yngfxsv8ezl0eihmhwe5

The plans for a football operations center were originally advocated by former head coach Jimbo Fisher following the 2016 season, but they have seen several twists and turns since that time.

Just before the 2018 season, FSU announced intentions to build a $60 million facility and have it operational by the summer of 2021. But the struggles during Willie Taggart's coaching tenure and some differing opinions inside the university about the best approach caused the project to be shelved temporarily.

Some believed the football operations should be moved to the existing Moore Athletics Center, with major renovations, while other standalone sites were considered as well.

Under the direction of athletics director David Coburn, Seminole Boosters CEO Michael Alford and second-year head coach Mike Norvell, the current figuration was recently selected.

Here is the release from FSU:

Florida State Director of Athletics David Coburn and Seminole Boosters President and CEO Michael Alford released new renderings Wednesday for a new football operations building for Florida State football.

“The response by our supporters throughout the Unconquered Campaign shows their commitment to Florida State and our athletics program,” Coburn said. “We need these additional facilities to properly serve the needs of our football program and to enable us to expand existing shared areas in the Moore Athletic Center and improve our ability to support all our sports. I know we will find, as we did when we built the Dunlap Athletic Training Center, that these facility improvements have a huge impact across the board.”

In September 2018, FSU Athletics and Seminole Boosters joined the University in announcing a five-year Unconquered Campaign. The $100 million campaign was initiated to fund a new football facility, student-athlete scholarship endowments, a redesign of the Seminole Golf Course by the Jack Nicklaus Legacy team, infrastructure improvements and innovations at Dick Howser Stadium and the Tucker Center, along with additional projects.

“We recently reached the $100 million pledge goal of the Unconquered Campaign and will continue to raise funds to accomplish all of our goals,” said Alford.

“We are receiving a great response from our benefactors including many commitments to the new football facility project. In our discussions, they are excited about the vision and direction of the athletic department and Seminole Boosters.”

The football operations building will be the new day-to-day home of Florida State football. Located adjacent to the Albert J. Dunlap Athletic Training Complex and the Dunlap practice fields, the new center will be one of the most significant investments in the program’s history. Inside its 150,000 square feet of dedicated space, Seminole student-athletes will enjoy first-class resources including:

· Dedicated football training facility attached to the existing Dunlap Athletic Training Center

· 13 position meeting rooms

· Indoor walk-thru meeting area adjacent to position meeting rooms

· Locker room

· Dedicated recruiting lounge/suite

· Offices for Football Coaching Staff

· Private Event Space

· Strength Training and Weight Room Centers that include:

Walk-thru recovery pools

Custom hot/cold plunge pools

Underwater treadmill pools

Dedicated recovery suite

Cryotherapy, hyperbaric chamber, high altitude room

· Team Meeting Rooms

· Player development areas

· Virtual Reality/Performance Enhancement Areas

· Nutrition/Fueling Stations

· Coaches Video/Production Offices

“This facility project is all about attracting the very best student-athletes and developing them, in all aspects,” said Alford. “We are committed to fostering an environment where every student-athlete is able to perform at a high level while receiving leadership and life-skills training that they can take with them after they graduate.

“Ultimately, this facility will accommodate programs that will help our student-athletes and teams succeed. All 20 programs will benefit from this project and we are excited to help make this possible in partnership with our supporters.”

The football facility project will continue to be privately funded through donations made to Seminole Boosters, supplemented by new revenue streams tied to recently announced seating and infrastructure concepts at Doak Campbell Stadium. Over $43 million has already been raised through the Unconquered Campaign.

“The new home for our football program will allow us to expand the spaces in the Moore Athletic Center for academic services, sports medicine, dining, and strength and conditioning that are shared by all our sports,” said Coburn. “It will be a dramatic improvement for all our support efforts, which has a direct impact on the experience of our world-class student-athletes.”

Moore Athletic Center renovation plans will more than double the current square footage that house the academic support unit, as well as expand dining areas, and primary sports medicine and strength and conditioning facilities shared by all 20 FSU sports.

svccix44cxtnm5bdtopi

pud3lo2zcsydnglqvu9o

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Broke-as-shyt FSU funds an instant $100 million facilities upgrade exclusively from private donations while we forever wait out the accrual on 0.50% cash deposits.

Nice work, UAA.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Broke-as-shyt FSU funds an instant $100 million facilities upgrade exclusively from private donations while we forever wait out the accrual on 0.50% cash deposits.

Nice work, UAA.
It's completely beyond belief at this point. UF has spit on its donators for so long in so many different ways they can't raise money anymore. Yet another reason that the leadership has to go - the alumni can't stand those guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weve given those scumbags 130-150 million EVERY fuchsing year since the 1990s, gave them like 75 mil EXTRA in 2015, and over 100 million in 2018-2019 and these cvvvnts are still pleading poverty and moving at a snail's pace. Bama did their last 100 million build in 7 months during covid 2020 and ws ready for the fall season.

Im sure all the AADs gave themselves giant bonuses though. The one thing we spend money on is our herd of Assistant ADs and staff.

Where are you, excuse boys? Let's hear it.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Even WOKE...ELITE VANDY is getting new Football Facilities

Bama is on their 3rd

TAMU and LSU keep upgrading

Broke back NOLES are now in the mix...

But where is UF? people it's clear to me...this UF Admin DOESN'T care about Tradition or Football

Can you shout FUCHS IT?

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even WOKE...ELITE VANDY is getting new Football Facilities

Bama is on their 3rd

TAMU and LSU keep upgrading

Broke back NOLES are now in the mix...

But where is UF? people it's clear to me...this UF Admin DON'T care about Tradition or Football

Can you shout FUCHS IT?

Yeah, but @Detroitgator 's kids...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Butters who is the reason we did get a full sized indoor facility, gets more schit does at Central Michigan than we can get done here... that is gold.

Here's a story on football scoop about the CMU facility, they spent $32 million at CENTRAL MICHIGAN and UF has struggled to come up with funding? It's complete mismanagement at the UAA. They need to clean house over there and get somebody in there with a vision.

And speaking of vision; FSU hired the AD from CMU to run their booster organization - guess who was the AD at CMU when CMU made the plans to build this? Guess where the CMU AD who hired Butters came from? Alabama (where he was an associate AD when Butters was there under Saban). Guess who just released plans for a new football facility this week.....and last week talked about upgrading the FSU stadium? Talk about being left behind by your rivals (I know, I know....Mike Norvell sucks and will never do sh*t at FSU....and Jimbo Fisher still can't coach, and Bobby Bowden cheated, and we're so much better than FSU...).

Video: Central Michigan peels back the curtain of $32 million Champions Center

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a story on football scoop about the CMU facility, they spent $32 million at CENTRAL MICHIGAN and UF has struggled to come up with funding? It's complete mismanagement at the UAA. They need to clean house over there and get somebody in there with a vision.

And speaking of vision; FSU hired the AD from CMU to run their booster organization - guess who was the AD at CMU when CMU made the plans to build this? Guess where the CMU AD who hired Butters came from? Alabama (where he was an associate AD when Butters was there under Saban). Guess who just released plans for a new football facility this week.....and last week talked about upgrading the FSU stadium? Talk about being left behind by your rivals (I know, I know....Mike Norvell sucks and will never do sh*t at FSU....and Jimbo Fisher still can't coach, and Bobby Bowden cheated, and we're so much better than FSU...).

Video: Central Michigan peels back the curtain of $32 million Champions Center

I don't know if MIke Norvell sucks, I enjoyed watching his offenses at Memphis and ASU. And I'm not a fan of Jimbo Fisher as a coach... but he was right about the previous AD at FSU (similar to Butters on our UAA).

But the difference is that FSU is now adjusting to the real market place and we are still acting like it's 20 years ago.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know if MIke Norvell sucks, I enjoyed watching his offenses at Memphis and ASU. And I'm not a fan of Jimbo Fisher as a coach... but he was right about the previous AD at FSU (similar to Butters on our UAA).

But the difference is that FSU is now adjusting to the real market place and we are still acting like it's 20 years ago.

My last comments were all sarcasm - that's what you'll hear from the homer UF fans while they're whistling past the graveyard (the same homer fans who are fine with our recruiting efforts and losing 3+ games a year). FSU sh*t the bed w/ the Taggert hire and (to their credit) moved on very quickly from that fiasco. I read their boards (what I can for free) and Norvell's staff is doing a great job recruiting (effort wise). If the booster guy (former CMU AD) is able to pull of these fund raising goals, they'll have as good or better facilities as us within a year of our completion. They're in the ACC, so getting to 8 to 10 wins may not be that difficult....but they still have a depleted roster (and Norvell has done well w/ the portal). I just thought it was interesting to make the connection (CMU's new facility with FSU's announcement). Anyone who thinks it's a pipe dream for FSU or "they're broke", hasn't been paying attention.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a story on football scoop about the CMU facility, they spent $32 million at CENTRAL MICHIGAN and UF has struggled to come up with funding?
We havent struggled to come up with funding. There are about 120 teams in the country who must have a big capital campaign just to fund anything and probably only the top 15 can reach what we have EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

We make about 130-150 mil per year, almost all of which is football money. Of course the AD seems to think that should he soread evenly amongst all the nonprofit sports.

If we were smart enough not to strangle the golden goose, we could spend 50 mil extra every fuchsing year on football.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Yeah, but, that all sport’s trophy brings in the potential of donors across the spectrum. More potential pockets to pick for facilities naming. Rich entrepreneurs who fondly remember competitive hacky sack would otherwise be missed

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb