Conference Consolidation - USC and UCLA Moving to Big 10

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
On NIL, I think you do have an idea...that Bama won't be able to keep up.

Not unless every single Wal-Mart in the Tuscaloosa area increase the price on Crocs by .10 will y'all be able to pay what the TX schools will be able to dole out.
Mmmm? Not necessarily but ok. Feel free to think whatever you want

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I see 5 power conferences 16 teams coming. I'd also like to see the old SWC come back and the SEC drop Mizzou.

SEC, ACC, BIG ?, PAC, SWC 80 teams
I'd more like to see 4 conferences of 10 or 2 of 20. Enough with teams that don't need to be a part. I don't believe there are even 40 teams worthy but it's a solid number.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, then how about you tell me what you meant by, "Bama will be Tenn's bitch under Josh Heupel."

The coach for TN is currently Josh. Bama's coach will be leaving soon. The man who replaces the man is never the man. Bama goes into a ten year period of suck....Bama will be TN's bitch under JH.

Remember, my statement was in reply to your comment that you'd gladly accept a pod that puts Bama, Barn, Vandy and KY jelly in the same pod because it would be highly favorable for Bama. I simply chose TN as the protagonist because Barn can't do anything right lately and nobody knows who the coach is at Vandy.

If you want to get me on something then get me on the fact that I mistakenly brought Tenn into the discussion when the pod clearly showed Bama, Aub, KY and Vandy. :exactly:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like where this is going tbh.

Jimmy Fallon Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My initial reaction was View attachment 45016

Then realized this will actually keep Ohio State and USC from both cracking the BCS playoffs and likely hurt them more than it helps since that's a LOT of mileage for a college football season.

It will make for an intriguing tv deal though since the country's biggest tv markets will all be represented (NYC, LA, and Chicago--with DC, Detroit, & Minneapolis thrown in for good measure, along with OH and PA). The SEC will have some competition there one would think since TV execs look at market size.

Given the ongoing population shift underway, I wonder how much longer those will be the largest tv markets.
Seems to me that having Dallas, Atlanta, and Miami might be more valuable in ten years.

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.