Congrats to the Gator Baseball Team

Jun 2, 2015
I was disappointed that we lost, but still proud that we ended up in the top 6 college baseball teams out of over 200 in the nation.
The Canes did receive one honor - they had the highest GPA of the 8 teams represented.

Good luck against VA and hope you bring that title home to the State of Florida. .

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n236487 said:
I was disappointed that we lost, but still proud that we ended up in the top 6 college baseball teams out of over 200 in the nation.
The Canes did receive one honor - they had the highest GPA of the 8 teams represented.

Good luck against VA and hope you bring that title home to the State of Florida. .
Classy lady.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am always happy to celebrate and recognize student/athletes...but I had no idea that Miami athletes even knew what GPA means. If what you say is true...well done!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was nice to see that they played in baseball because we won't see the football teams play each other until who knows when. It was also nicer beating them. I suppose congrats on the GPA, to misquote the saying, smart guys don't finish first.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Contrary to the reputation the past football teams have given Miami, it actually is a good school. Congrats on the GPA... always good to see student athletes succeding.

Thanks also for giving up all those home runs and being a punching bag for two games in the CWS. I definitely agree we want to bring the trophy back to the state, especially since we own the state in Baseball.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n236526 said:
It was nice to see that they played in baseball because we won't see the football teams play each other until who knows when. It was also nicer beating them. I suppose congrats on the GPA, to misquote the saying, smart guys don't finish first.

All Daytonacane cares about is "Finnish guys last nice".

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beating Miami doesn't have the same vibe as it used to....

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
deuce;n236670 said:

Maybe not, but it still gives me a warm, happy glow. (And it's so much better than the alternative.)

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n236670 said:

It was more fun when we could rub it in Canething's face. Down in the basement.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
ATXGator;n236578 said:
Contrary to the reputation the past football teams have given Miami, it actually is a good school. Congrats on the GPA... always good to see student athletes succeding.

Thanks also for giving up all those home runs and being a punching bag for two games in the CWS. I definitely agree we want to bring the trophy back to the state, especially since we own the state in Baseball.
Owning the state in college babsell means little to me without their first baseball NC. This is the Gator team that could have done it but didn't. Yes beating UVA 2 games in a row is a major task. But seeing Vandy win it all last year and South Carolina go back to back a few years ago and even UCLA who don't even care about baseball win it all a couple years ago and the Gators never winning it is very frustrating. Fun team to root for and a very good team for sure. But in the end they didn't get it done. Again. Go Vandy I guess. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator