Cord Cutters - Gator Games?

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'm in a much more rural undisclosed location, but it gets 40+ channels for me. Very pleased with it.

For Gator games (the only thing I care to watch on cable/sat) I use a relative's Dish login (that they never use) to watch online.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK kids, I cut the cord in February. With the exception of the (extremely) infrequent urge to mindlessly channel surf, I haven't missed cable and certainly do not miss that fat monthly bill from those greedy bastids. My decision was further validated this past week. I traveled for work and stayed in a hotel and surfed for a while. Is every cable show these days either reality TV or obscure stand-up comedians? Sheesh. Awful. It's no wonder the streaming services are killing cable and the networks. They're the only ones actually trying anymore. Anyway...

Doubts about cord cutting are creeping back in with foosball season rapidly approaching. Each week the Good Guys will be on CBS, one of the ESPNs or SECN (essentially ESPN with an SEC focus). I guess when we go to Tallacrappy at the end of the year, they'll be on ABC possibly.

Are there any other cord cutters out there? Even better, any that have gone through a foosball season?

At a bare minimum, I have to get all Gator games on the tube. And I am the sort of college fan than can sit from noon until 2 AM watching/surfing games and at minimum don't want to miss the big, important matchups of the year.

I have access to ESPN networks via a login share with a friend.

Anybody out there with any insights to share?

Mucho appreciado.
I just cut directv this past month in favor of playstation vue and I'll never go back...it's fantastic and i get all sports channels i need for gators and Chicago sports and antenna for local channels. Cut my bill by almost 80/month

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can solve your CBS issue with an over the air antenna. Good ones are anywhere from 40 to 75 bucks. So not bad considering.

I noticed all the same things you mention with streaming. Decided to look into them using my laptop.
But for me, the overall channels you get with OTA antenna, and the cost of having just Internet, hasn't enticed me yet. If the cost of internet gets cheaper for a solid connection, then I'll look into it more, because I'll probably add back things like Hulu, etc.
If you're even remotely close to a city any hd antenna should do the trick. Airing on the side of caution i went work an expensive powered antenna and was missing nbc and i live less than 10 miles from their tower. Took it back and bought the cheapest antenna at monoprice.com for $6 and i now get everything i need for local channels

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you're even remotely close to a city any hd antenna should do the trick. Airing on the side of caution i went work an expensive powered antenna and was missing nbc and i live less than 10 miles from their tower. Took it back and bought the cheapest antenna at monoprice.com for $6 and i now get everything i need for local channels
Go figure!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I updated to the Vue Ultra plan, still with the added $20 I'm paying for HBO/Showtime, I'm saving $80 from my cable bill. It's insane.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Jay's sister's house is where I watch all of the games.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I got on the cord cutting thing late but damn it’s awesome. Saving almost a hundred a month and notice nothing different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator