Recruiting Cord Sandberg (QB) tells UF to take a flying **** at a rolling donut

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We won't take Burrow but we'll take a dude who hasn't played football in 5 years? Sounds reasonable.
We already have one QB who hasnt played in 5 years.

Of course we take him. We have like 15 empty ships and a few QBs who are getting ready to be invited to leave.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We're not getting Burrow and Nordberg

Actually, if UF were to get Burrow, that would make UF more attractive to Sandberg. Sandberg is likely a year from knocking off the rust and being ready to play football. Sandberg then should not want to go some place where a young player ala Franks or Trask wins the job. Sandberg should want to go to a place where a grad transfer holds the job for a year until Sandberg is ready to compete for the job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now you are carrying 5 QBs with none graduating soon. I don't want anything to hinder us getting a superstud QB down the road.
All the Butters Trash will be gone soon.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just telling you what I saw last year when we would be in the batters circle roughly 5 feet from my seat.
And you may be absolutely correct. At 215# now, how much will he weigh when he is in shape? I keep remembering me, a skinny physics nerd (6'0" and 120# when I graduated college) who almost drowned a HS fullback when he started roughing me up. At that age, age matters.
I was in college, he was in HS.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, if UF were to get Burrow, that would make UF more attractive to Sandberg. Sandberg is likely a year from knocking off the rust and being ready to play football. Sandberg then should not want to go some place where a young player ala Franks or Trask wins the job. Sandberg should want to go to a place where a grad transfer holds the job for a year until Sandberg is ready to compete for the job.

Burrow has two years of eligibility fyi

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does Sandberg feel-know his football abilities better than pundits? Has he played around with QB activities all these years? Couldn't he attend some QB camps to validate his probability?... as more valid than Trask ... than Franks? Mullen probably knows Sandberg better than Burrow, and Sandberg was interested in Mullen initially, while Burrow was interested in Ohio State.

I like his being mature, years of hard-knocks in pro baseball. How much unusual "fight" burns in a guy who gets this "new avenue" second-chance. Who thinks baseball mechanics interferes with football mechanics so much as visa versa? The young man is, of course free to sway any CFB school to sign him up. Some school may get themselves a Weinke repeat? Mullen would have 4 years to develop the guy; who thinks he'd be a bigger quagmire than Franks, than Trask?

Right now, he's likely to be a better back-up insurance policy than what we've got?? Cord would certainly be a solid UF PR story for TV pundips. Where's the loss if he has only a clipboard career?
... we've had many of those before. Cord's HS TD to INT ratio is fantastic enough to show he just might have that QB eye-scan that's rare.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
We definitely take this guy if he wants to play here. He probably walks in the door as the best QB on the roster. Problem for him is that Franks has had more time with the playbook. I keep holding out hope we'll get a decent QB in here before Fall. It's going to be hard for me to believe Franks can get better. If we don't land Sandberg I just hope we start getting Emory Jones ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.