Could someone please remind me who the short list names were when we hired Muschamp?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
According to “inside sources” on the message boards, Stoops was a done deal right up until they announced Muschamp. Kinda like Freeze a few years ago and Kelly last year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Champ didn’t leave good personnel on offense, no doubt. Left a hell of a defense though. It’s like splitting hairs to me, I believe Mac wanted to try to be Bama 2.0 as well.
Bama 2.0 with Middle Tennessee State recruits

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I say Champ was worse. Mac could have been decent if Grier never got popped for roids. Muschamp just sucked.

Like I always say, who do you blame more, your friend who drove your car into the ditch, or the friend who tried to get it out but couldn’t?

Under Mac, there was no discipline or respect for the head coach. Strength and conditioning sucked as well, probably why Grier felt the need to take PED’s. Remember guys were paying for strength training outside the program.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Sooooo.... the answer to my question is basically Charlie Strong (one year into Louisville)???? Geez!!!

How about Gus Malzahn? No?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So... my conclusions, or coaches who would likely take the job (not Stoops or Peterson), we could have hired:

Strong (one year into Louisville)
Mullen (two years into Miss St)
Malzahn (National Championshipn OC at Auburn)

All would have been better than utter bain of my existence Will Muschamp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is a business to 99% of the coaches. They all come at a price.

Almost none come at Fooley's price.
Maybe none.
63767788d8ecbf3f20da96097e1449b4.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was two bad hires period. Mustank took the broken program and kept it on life support. Butters comes in and sells popcorn and literally let the team dissipate into oblivion.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say Champ was worse. Mac could have been decent if Grier never got popped for roids. Muschamp just sucked.

Like I always say, who do you blame more, your friend who drove your car into the ditch, or the friend who tried to get it out but couldn’t?

You still think butters could be decent? Have you not read about how ****ing lazy he was and how he neglected every part of the program? They both sucked but at least chump cared. I hated both hires and Mullen should have replaced Meyer.

The one thing butters did that was good was that he fough for the indoor facility to be a full functioning facility vs the 50 yarder foley tried to skimp on and chump was willing to accept

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac probably goes under .500 all three years without Muschamp's defensive personnel.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sooooo.... the answer to my question is basically Charlie Strong (one year into Louisville)???? Geez!!!

How about Gus Malzahn? No?

The personnel left from Meyer would’ve fit Malzahn’s scheme better, but I remember grumbling out of the fan base wanting to get away from the spread option at the time. I guess since Bama beat us, the thought was that we needed to change to the Pro style. The thing about Malzahn other than his first year at Auburn, when he got all the good luck and fortune go his way. He’s been at least a 4 loss coach every year since, often not living up to high expectations. The same could be said of Mullen, but he hasn’t been at a big time program long enough to judge yet, in my opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the thought was that we needed to change to the Pro style. .
The spread and the prostyle, right?

Spurrier runs the prostyle and Saban runs the prostyle?

And Wies and Pats run the prostyle even though they run a spread?

Lol. I love this kind of analysis

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator