Warning: Political Takes COVID-19 woes: LSU/MSU games postponed

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m so sick of all this bullshcit. First it was flatten the curve. Then it was death rates. Then second wave. All that’s reported now is positive results yet no one is dying from it. We have become a entire race of sheep. No one can save us, not even God.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m so sick of all this bullshcit. First it was flatten the curve. Then it was death rates. Then second wave. All that’s reported now is positive results yet no one is dying from it. We have become a entire race of sheep. No one can save us, not even God.
you have no sympathy. do you realize that a small percentage of these people might actually even get a fever? maybe.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Remember me saying this would happen and to just cancel the damn season in advance? I knew there was no escaping it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Remember me saying this would happen and to just cancel the damn season in advance? I knew there was no escaping it.

I guess I can appreciate the attempt at trying to play, but it’s not practical, as we’re seeing. The problem still is the stigma of the whole thing, where simply having the virus, regardless of symptoms, is viewed as some type of leprosy. You can’t just automatically disqualify a player or coach because some test says they have it. Not only is it ripe for corruption, but it just changes the landscape entirely, and just opens up a nightmare.

So we’re missing a game, maybe two, because we have too few available players. Ok, I can understand that at some point, you just don’t have the bodies needed. But what’s the value of a coach? You really think Saban alone is less valuable that roughly 20-25 players on an 85 man roster? Both are problematic, one is a game changer. So a team like uga gets their best opponent without their coach and us without a bye. And we’re having to keep pushing these contests out, now into mid December.

So as I said, I guess it was a nice idea. But this was never going to work, and we’re seeing it play out.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just testing positive. If you are within 6ft someone for 15ish min (usually less) who is positive, then you are disqualified and quarantined for 2 weeks, even if negative, regardless if both parties were masked. So stupid.

I guess I can appreciate the attempt at trying to play, but it’s not practical, as we’re seeing. The problem still is the stigma of the whole thing, where simply having the virus, regardless of symptoms, is viewed as some type of leprosy. You can’t just automatically disqualify a player or coach because some test says they have it. Not only is it ripe for corruption, but it just changes the landscape entirely, and just opens up a nightmare.

So we’re missing a game, maybe two, because we have too few available players. Ok, I can understand that at some point, you just don’t have the bodies needed. But what’s the value of a coach? You really think Saban alone is less valuable that roughly 20-25 players on an 85 man roster? Both are problematic, one is a game changer. So a team like uga gets their best opponent without their coach and us without a bye. And we’re having to keep pushing these contests out, now into mid December.

So as I said, I guess it was a nice idea. But this was never going to work, and we’re seeing it play out.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

I'm not one of those yazoos who thinks that this virus is a hoax or the crisis was engineered to get Trump. It's real, its effects are real, the deaths are real. But there are two things that are clear to me; 1) they are learning how to treat people with this virus and 2) this virus is in the wild and is not going away. None of this means that we shouldn't be smart; wear masks, practice social distancing, practice good hygiene, and at-risk people should exercise some caution. It means that we have to learn to live with this. And it makes no sense to shut down a sport played by young healthy individuals with very low risk. If you have enough players to field a team, play the game.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'm not one of those yazoos who thinks that this virus is a hoax or the crisis was engineered to get Trump. It's real, its effects are real, the deaths are real. But there are two things that are clear to me; 1) they are learning how to treat people with this virus and 2) this virus is in the wild and is not going away. None of this means that we shouldn't be smart; wear masks, practice social distancing, practice good hygiene, and at-risk people should exercise some caution. It means that we have to learn to live with this. And it makes no sense to shut down a sport played by young healthy individuals with very low risk. If you have enough players to field a team, play the game.
Think about that for am minute.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

There are a host of reasons it’s worth playing the season, many of which reflect the balance the entire world is having to manage between the virus vs. the catastrophic effects of shutting things down. It’s simple to say, “Don’t play under these circumstances.” But the real effects that then radiate out for the players, staff, vendors, broadcasters and their employees matter, too. The health effects - long and short term - of cratering industries and segments of the economy are worse than the virus itself.

It would reduce risk if football could go into a pod system like the NHL, NBA and MLB. But football teams do have capacity to test and care for their players and programs. It’s important to assess and manage risk, but we cannot hide and make it go away.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Having part of a season was better than having no season.

I don’t know. Almost seems like we got the worst of both worlds. There was a chance that without a third year of game tape, Pitts maybe stays for ‘21. Technically, with nothing to show his improvement, Toney as well may have returned, though less likely.

As it is, we get a handful of games, one in person for like 12 people, a glimpse of what could be an incredible offense knowing we won’t see the main components again, endure the frustration of a historically awful defense which makes a mockery of us across the country, and give a team like uga a possible angle to claim a championship.

I’d say barring a miracle, this completely backfired for UF. I was perfectly content watching YouTube of old games until all this nonsense was over.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know. Almost seems like we got the worst of both worlds. There was a chance that without a third year of game tape, Pitts maybe stays for ‘21. Technically, with nothing to show his improvement, Toney as well may have returned, though less likely.

As it is, we get a handful of games, one in person for like 12 people, a glimpse of what could be an incredible offense knowing we won’t see the main components again, endure the frustration of a historically awful defense which makes a mockery of us across the country, and give a team like uga a possible angle to claim a championship.

I’d say barring a miracle, this completely backfired for UF. I was perfectly content watching YouTube of old games until all this nonsense was over.
giphy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Fuching Eagles fan buring down all our hopes, just like he burns down cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator