Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Among the things that bother me about this situation is what is says about "leadership" on the team. I would assume there is a ringleader(s) in the scam. Several true freshmen were involved who certainly didn't just arrive on campus and independently come up with a money making idea on their own. Some veteran on the team presented them with the idea and gave instruction on how it could be carried out.

This is not the type of leadership practiced on championship teams. Instead of upperclassmen providing motivation for building a winning program at least a few of them are providing instruction on gaming the system for personal gain. No wonder we see such a mess on the field. It starts outside the locker room, weight room, film room, practice field.

They talked about that a bit in last night's podcast too. How Scarlet and Callaway are supposed to be the leaders the youngsters can look up to, but instead they're showing them all the wrong things. It's a pretty serious problem when your senior guys, senior as in time in the system, not actual seniors in school, anyway...it's a serious problem when those guys are setting a piss poor example for the young guys to follow.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The minute this thing came out we should have known we were cursed for the season. This is the type of thing that destroys a team in terms of focus and preparation. It also reduces confidence in the coaching staff because so many players made a bad decision.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly couldn't tell you who the leaders on the team are. just knuckleheads

Yep no top player to really lead by example though we know that is overrated anyway looking at the Tebow years and all the trouble that was going on despite the example he set.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who can get some stolen cards and who can get into Mac's office. Once we ahve that, who is going to make the call to UPD?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
once the police and the university looked into other players reporting their card stolen what do you think they found?

I'm told the scope of this is going to be fairly large and that it certainly doesn't end with nine players.
Wait, McFail told us this was just a case of student id's reported stolen and the university would handle it. Our boys were going to run a few bleachers this week and it would all be over with.

:britney:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Wait, McFail told us this was just a case of student id's reported stolen and the university would handle it. Our boys were going to run a few bleachers this week and it would all be over with.

:britney:

I never said they weren't going to be in trouble with the University, they are not being charged with a criminal act by the police, unless the university presses criminal charges against them. So whatever punishment they get will be from the university not the UPD. And punishments can be handled internally or externally depending on severity of act. So now that this is a big stink I doubt any internal punishments will be handed down.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
link? Ive seen nothing to support this statement.
Is there a link that says they have besides Smith? He is the only one under actual criminal investigation. This is fact. and there are numerous links supporting this. The other players violated a university scholarship agreement. So the university is handling their punishment whatever that may be with suspensions, stadiums, mopping floors, reading to kids in the hospital, whatever. They have not been formally charged with a Florida statute. Yes or no?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a link that says they have besides Smith? He is the only one under actual criminal investigation. This is fact. and there are numerous links supporting this. The other players violated a university scholarship agreement. So the university is handling their punishment whatever that may be with suspensions, stadiums, mopping floors, reading to kids in the hospital, whatever. They have not been formally charged with a Florida statute. Yes or no?
Answer the question, quit dodging. Provide something stating they will not be charged with a crime or stop saying it. I didn't ask if they have been yet. Stating they wont be is pure speculation on your part, nothing more.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
It seems to me that among the things that make this situation harmful is that it appears to be open-ended. No resolution after Game 1 and no apparent closure on the horizon. (At least to those on the outside of the program). So you have essential contributors (at wide receiver and running back) as well as a handful of backups who are not only not playing but not practicing or even interacting with the team. Is that accurate?

The impact is multi-faceted.....the accused players aren't helping the team and the remaining players have to deal with their absence, take up the slack and speculate about when this will all be over. The uncertainty is bound to be damaging, more so for those who didn't take part than for those who did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a link that says they have besides Smith? He is the only one under actual criminal investigation. This is fact. and there are numerous links supporting this.
Then link one.

Also, many lulz that you think reporting your debit card stolen and denying the validity of charges you made is just a "scholarship violation".

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Answer the question, quit dodging. Provide something stating they will not be charged with a crime or stop saying it. I didn't ask if they have been yet. Stating they wont be is pure speculation on your part, nothing more.
I never said that they wouldn't. I said in the original argument that the 7 players involved have not be charged with a criminal act only Smith, and that the current suspensions was from the university and not due to criminal charges. I'm not dodging anything. They could be charged formally if the university wants to. Will they? I don't work for the university so I cant say. That's where we stand. Better question is, were these players at practice and participating in team activities? If so, then more than likely the issue is squashed. If they have still been left out then more punishment could be coming down.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
There is a pall over this season that will not clear until Macklechamp is gone...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It seems to me that among the things that make this situation harmful is that it appears to be open-ended. No resolution after Game 1 and no apparent closure on the horizon. (At least to those on the outside of the program). So you have essential contributors (at wide receiver and running back) as well as a handful of backups who are not only not playing but not practicing or even interacting with the team. Is that accurate?
It is accurate that they are suspended from all activities. it doesn't square with the assertion that they did was nothing, does it?

It is debatable whether or not 6 tds is an essential contributor. I would argue it's a pretty minimal contributor.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Then link one.

Also, many lulz that you think reporting your debit card stolen and denying the validity ofncharges is just a "scholarship violation".
ITS NOT A DEBIT CARD!!! IS THEIR FN ID!!!! Their ID has a balance from their scholarship stipend. They cant go pay rent or shop at best buy with their IDs like you can with a normal debit/credit card, LIKE SMITH TRY TO DO! Hence him being CRIMINALLY CHARGED with fraud.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
They lied about losing their IDs and got new ones, with new scholarship stipend balances....why is this so difficult for people to grasp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator