Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s the same. But looking to this article, I’m wondering if this was not something that originated at FSU? Could it be possible that an FSU credit card scandal caused the downfall of the Gators that season?

The downfall outside of the questionable coaching and roster management?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s the same. But looking to this article, I’m wondering if this was not something that originated at FSU? Could it be possible that an FSU credit card scandal caused the downfall of the Gators that season?
the downfall of that season was hiring a shttty coach in 2015.

The offense didnt change. it wasn't less productive because we lost two players and a bunch of backups who were never going to be on the field. The offense was one hundred and something in 2016 and one hundred and something in 2017.

Butters was fired because he was garbage, not bc he had bad luck. and he was garbage even when he had the best roster in the country at Alabama.

The credit card fraud originated in Miami. almost all credit card fraud originates in Miami.

The rest of those kids are lucky they were not in federal court also. And there were many more uncharged I was told.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I wonder how many victims Telfort and his crony’s have harmed?

I doubt the incident at UF and these were the only instances. I bet the number of victims approaches the near 1000’s.

Credit fraud is the worst: when you steal cash/property, the victim is only out that amount.

You commit credit fraud that person is screwed for a long time. Also, the banks (although not very sympathetic) are out the cash and pass the costs on to us through higher rates.

Telfort needs to go “under” the jail, not just to jail.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many victims Telfort and his crony’s have harmed?

I doubt the incident at UF and these were the only instances. I bet the number of victims approaches the near 1000’s.

Credit fraud is the worst: when you steal cash/property, the victim is only out that amount.

You commit credit fraud that person is screwed for a long time. Also, the banks (although not very sympathetic) are out the cash and pass the costs on to us through higher rates.

Telfort needs to go “under” the jail, not just to jail.

Exactly!

Everyone seems to gloss over the fact that there are real victims associated with these crimes and most are never completely compensated for the damages.

Instead the concern is more around the athlete and what it means to his career

Good Luck in the Pokey Kadeem

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if they realize just how fortunate they are, especially a guy like Scarlett who is in the NFL wearing the blue and black of the Panthers as opposed to an orange jumpsuit.
yeah many of the districts are really aggressive prosecuting this.

very fortunate indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.