Crybaby Justin Fields granted immediate eligibility

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I transferred in undergrad. Didnt have to sitout a year. Why should it be different for anyone else?
Did you sign a contract that gave you a free education from a university that would laugh at your credentials if you couldn’t play football? Did you get free medical care, housing, food, tutoring, a stipend, etc? We’re you on TV every fall Saturday?
It’s not apples to apples.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not a varsity sport.

scr-donkeybasketball.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not apples to apples.
None of that means anything. You work a day, you get paid a day. It doest mean someone is enslaved for years.

They get tuition and R&B while they are playing, and not a day more. And giving them this stuff for a year does entitled you to own them for more.

There is no reason why the kids are the only ones enslaved by this.

Fvkk the NCAA.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I transferred in undergrad. Didnt have to sitout a year. Why should it be different for anyone else?
This is actually not a bad question. I believe football and basketball are among the only sports that this is required. Most NCAA sports have no rule on sitting out. It is strange how different sports have different eligibility rules. For example, you can be drafted in baseball and still play, but not football or basketball.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Look forward to seeing what the justification was. And yes, they have opened Pandora's box. I fear we will look back on this as a turning point in ending the greatness of college football.

The justification was he played the 'race card'. Plain and simple. Such BS. But that's the world we live in.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Because instead of a team being able to build depth and a solid program, they’ll be one injury away from being forced to play either a true freshman or walk on, potentially ruining a season.

We always talk about teams as if it’s solely a group of well paid coaches, or worse yet, fans. What about the other 80+ players who didn’t quit and committed themselves to the team and now miss out on reaching a goal because they have one guy derail their season.

It’s funny now because of who it’s burning. It won’t always be them

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
None of that means anything. You work a day, you get paid a day. It doest mean someone is enslaved for years.

They get tuition and R&B while they are playing, and not a day more. And giving them this stuff for a year does entitled you to own them for more.

There is no reason why the kids are the only ones enslaved by this.

Fvkk the NCAA.

But none of this is unknown to them. In fact almost every one of them mentions something about “the next 3-4 years” when they announce. They’re pouting, nothing more.

For some balance, I’m ok with the grad rule. It makes sense to reward kids for being great students, and requires at least some time. And with both Grimes and VJ, there were legit hardships. Actual proof of a sick relative or NCAA trouble should be considered.

But where does it end? One year is no more a contribution than 15 minutes. We all spend 2 days a year waiting for fax confirmation on recruited players. What if by 7:00 that night they’ve changed their minds?

Again, we’re changing the rules for a select group of knuckleheads instead of expecting them to do their part better. Feels like the PI-Review suggestion from the Saints game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because instead of a team being able to build depth and a solid program, they’ll be one injury away from being forced to play either a true freshman or walk on...
No..... only bc the FVKKING NCAA requires you to only have a small roster, in order to force talented athletes to go to NE Indiana State or Central Fl.

FVKK the NCAA.

Burn it to the ground.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law attempted to transfer his Oxbucks into a savings account and was denied. He’s just acting out in anger.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No..... only bc the FVKKING NCAA requires you to only have a small roster, in order to force talented athletes to go to NE Indiana State or Central Fl.

FVKK the NCAA.

Burn it to the ground.

So you want just complete anarchy?

Why stop there? What about the BAR?

Everyone here knows I can argue way better than you. Why am I not allowed to become a trial lawyer and represent clients, just because I feel like it? Who are they to tell me I have to pass their arbitrary guidelines?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

FVKK the NCAA.

Burn it to the ground.
Does anyone remember the CFA "rebellion" about 35 or 40 years ago in which a considerable number of major conferences banded together to threaten the NCAA with secession if certain changes weren't instituted? I don't remember the details but there was a lot of sentiment at the time for simply withdrawing from the NCAA and letting it whither away. Perhaps the time has come to finish what they started way back when and just put an end to the NCAA for good and all.

Last edited:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Interesting how quick they moved on this. Grimes and VJ took what it looked like to be an eternity. They had a much better case than Fields. Fields was trying to find an out for his stupid decision to go play in an offense that would not suit him. He found it, but how can he claim he felt unsafe at Georgia when the baseball player was kicked out of school. Makes no sense and takes accountability away from the kid for making a completely stupid decision.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting how quick they moved on this. Grimes and VJ took what it looked like to be an eternity.
The same moron attorneys who wrote Muschimp and Butters contract did the appeal. And they waited til August to do it.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
enslaved by this.

I get each side of this debate, but I’m shocked to see the donk go “enslaved”? No one is forcing young men to play college football for free (plus housing, school, books and, less than optimal, cost of living stipend). This is not slavery. Overly restrictive? Perhaps and a reals debate. Enslaved? . . . Nonsense. Go to college and don’t play ball. Get an academic scholarship. Pay your way. Whatever. No one forces college sports.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get each side of this debate, but I’m shocked to see the donk go “enslaved”? No one is forcing young men to play college football for free (plus housing, school, books and, less than optimal, cost of living stipend). This is not slavery. Overly restrictive? Perhaps and a reals debate? Enslaved? . . . Nonsense. Go to college and don’t play ball. Get an academic scholarship. Pay your way. Whatever. No one forces college sports.
People are forcing them to pack up and head to Northwestern Iowa or Central Fl Tech when they'd really rather be third or fourth team at Florida, or keeping them from going to another school the next year without sitting out.

These parts of NCAA monopoly will he abolished soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.