Crypto currency

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hws8tc7tiUzr.jpeg
Shame it's in NY...otherwise I'd show up with a couple cartons of eggs to throw at the four of them....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ok let it burn but what about all that hasn't come to the surface yet? Banks lost BILLIONS in this too. Here's my take....The recent rally in the stock market is a MASSIVE pump and dump orchestrated by the Fed, the banks because of the MASSIVE losses that the banks are going to have to cover.....now why did the the gov come out with the new mortgage insurance increases less than a week ago? .....AND they are going to be retro to boot!!!! Somebody is sh!tting their pants(Banks and the Fed) and millions of sheep are going to get their heads ripped off sooner than later.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I recently sold my remaining crypto and am going to hold off for now and just stick with gold and silver (mainly silver since it's more affordable). I still believe crypto is part of our future but too volatile right now for my liking

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have somewhere around $17k in Blockfi right now that I can't take out because they got wrapped up in the SBF mess - I had a lot more in there, but I withdrew all the stablecoin literally about a week before they filed for bankruptcy. They are going through the court right now and it looks like I'll get a little bit of it back. BUT, I had about $51k in stablecoin at Voyager that I didn't withdraw - they are going through the same process. I got notice yesterday that I'll get back just over $18k (initially) and possibly will get more of it back after the first round. I had to open an account w/ a wallet to transfer it to (not sure why they couldn't just transfer it back to my bank account that was attached to the account), so I opened an account with Kraken to transfer the first round to.

I doubt I will ever invest in crypto again after this. I feel like a dumbass and taking it on the chin for $40+k doesn't feel so good....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have somewhere around $17k in Blockfi right now that I can't take out because they got wrapped up in the SBF mess - I had a lot more in there, but I withdrew all the stablecoin literally about a week before they filed for bankruptcy. They are going through the court right now and it looks like I'll get a little bit of it back. BUT, I had about $51k in stablecoin at Voyager that I didn't withdraw - they are going through the same process. I got notice yesterday that I'll get back just over $18k (initially) and possibly will get more of it back after the first round. I had to open an account w/ a wallet to transfer it to (not sure why they couldn't just transfer it back to my bank account that was attached to the account), so I opened an account with Kraken to transfer the first round to.at

I doubt I will ever invest in crypto again after this. I feel like a dumbass and taking it on the chin for $40+k doesn't feel so good....
Sorry to hear that....40K ain't chump change. Hopefully Voyager gets unf vcked and you recover a better haul. Try not to be too hard on yourself.
I sometimes feel like an idiot for buying silver above $25-26 with $7-8 an once premium on top of that during the "Silver Short" a few years back but other than having to keep it secure it will be there just in case there really ever is a silver shortage :jerkit:....if not my kids will be sorting through tubes of silver coins when I'm gone although I will likely cash in on my gold one day since it is not taxable when I sell it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I have somewhere around $17k in Blockfi right now that I can't take out because they got wrapped up in the SBF mess - I had a lot more in there, but I withdrew all the stablecoin literally about a week before they filed for bankruptcy. They are going through the court right now and it looks like I'll get a little bit of it back. BUT, I had about $51k in stablecoin at Voyager that I didn't withdraw - they are going through the same process. I got notice yesterday that I'll get back just over $18k (initially) and possibly will get more of it back after the first round. I had to open an account w/ a wallet to transfer it to (not sure why they couldn't just transfer it back to my bank account that was attached to the account), so I opened an account with Kraken to transfer the first round to.

That's rough for sure. I'm also curious as to what ended up happening with the high interest account you were talking about?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

That sucks. I am sorry to hear that @BMF. I personally admit to not understanding crypto whatever to have invested in it, but admit to trading it a bit, just for fun. My thought process was very simple. I had 6 CD's in 2008 at banks that alll went under. Someone asked what I did. I said I went back to sleep b/c I knew I was going to get a check plus interest at maturity from the FED. And I did. With Crypto, I always asked that if it disappeared overnight from some hack attakh, who would you call? Ghostbusters? That was my single reason for not having the stones to invest in it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's rough for sure. I'm also curious as to what ended up happening with the high interest account you were talking about?
Blockfi and Voyager had the high interest accounts for stablecoin - which is what I had the money in at Voyager (I was able to get the money out of blockfi before they filed - but, like I said before, I did have some crypto (bitcoin, ETH) that is still there - about $16-$17k worth, so I'll likely get a portion of that back). I do expect to get a little bit more back from Voyager, but very likely I'll end up losing $25k or so from that account.

This is/was a hard lesson learned. I've taken a much more conservative approach lately - being a little cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb