Crypto currency

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How are all of the crypto fans viewing the current market? Are you still buying the dip?
1ed4b9d2d719571364a79e69147f45ff.gif

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I was sure I was going to buy some in Nov. when it was at 17k....haven't because I can't believe that the CB won't just create their own brand....Do they sell it in an ETF backed by real BC like gold? I could probably wrap my head around that better than downloading something I can't see onto a thumb drive and more than likely losing it.
The only thing going for Bit Coin is it is impossible to create more. So fuching what?

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Paper Silver and Gold are manipulated markets which hammers the price whenever it suits them. Having said that I made 17O k on silver the past year. Got out of owning paper completely 8-10 months ago but have periodically sold puts on it and made another 10k or so. I am looking at around 18-19 bucks for SLV before i decide to get back in. I will be selling the puts at $17 or so. Right now SLV is trading around $1.70 less than the spot price for silver. Due to energy prices silver is undervalued right now but down side trading always always always overshoots.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Paper Silver and Gold are manipulated markets which hammers the price whenever it suits them. Having said that I made 17O k on silver the past year. Got out of owning paper completely 8-10 months ago but have periodically sold puts on it and made another 10k or so. I am looking at around 18-19 bucks for SLV before i decide to get back in. I will be selling the puts at $17 or so. Right now SLV is trading around $1.70 less than the spot price for silver. Due to energy prices silver is undervalued right now but down side trading always always always overshoots.
That's awesome PC. I've been holding and holding my physical and I think you're right about it falling below 20(spot)....Sadly I sold the last of my paper silver a few weeks back and actually took a small lost.....manipulated would be understating what happens in the metal markets.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm buying the dips. If BTC gets under $29k it'll probably drop a little more - I'd buy enough to get to a full BTC. I added some yesterday right at $30k, it's up to around $32k right now. Everything is volatile right now and w/ this administration I don't think anything will stabilize for a few years (crypto, stocks, RE, inflation, etc). The whole thing is a sh*tshow!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What's this all about?

Not really sure given that crypto itself has shed about $170 billion. Maybe he's talking about the companies that do the wallets and things like that.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I now have .5 BTC!! Goal is to get to one full coin.....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone buying this huge crypto dip? I'm at .62 BTC, but my dollar cost average is around $37k. So I'm down 50%. Oooof!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone buying this huge crypto dip? I'm at .62 BTC, but my dollar cost average is around $37k. So I'm down 50%. Oooof!
What is your thought process in your decision making here? Do you have an idea of where you think the bottom might be? A long term target for a future peak?

I would expect crypto to continue to fall until we finish this tightening cycle.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Admittedly I do not play in this arena for various reasons as it is not a currency b/c you can't pay taxes with it, I hesitate personally to call it an asset (I can't touch it or fondle it) as it is thin air (I think), and it was just made up some some person or machine I think? Be that as it may, it is worth what someone is willing to give you for it. But it is a fair market as at least it trades 24/7/365 and just saw BitCrap was 18+K and Ether was 900 or so. I think the old fashioned Ether used in surgery is worth more, but like I said I have no idea.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What is your thought process in your decision making here? Do you have an idea of where you think the bottom might be? A long term target for a future peak?

I would expect crypto to continue to fall until we finish this tightening cycle.

I think it'll go a little lower, but long-term I think it goes well past it all-time high (~$67k). This is a long-term hold for me. I have some other crypto (ETH, LINK and a couple of others). I just read as much as I can on it - of course I wish I had held off until last month to start buying (lol).

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.