Crypto currency

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yeah I'm missing the fun that's for sure but at this point I'll have to wait for a dip...I took that money and went into mostly silver, a little gold and hold on to your hat.....value/dividend funds :lol:.
I'm learning a lot from guys like yourself over the last couple of years but quite frankly I'm a little too much of a procrastinator and not really that great when it comes to speculating/trading...
You don't have to buy a whole coin, you can buy as little as $1 worth generally. I bought $1000 worth of bitcoin/ethereum/litecoin/bitcoin-cash just a week ago and am up to $1350 already. Now it can drop down to $5 tomorrow, but the point is if you just throw a bit of play money at it you can invest without much worry.

EDIT: in fact, I expect it to correct at some point, the past few weeks have been straight up which isn't normal for anything. Waiting for the dip may be the way to go. But even after the dip its so volatile that it could dip further. So I'm just going to dollar cost average it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Check out MARA - it moves w/ bitcoin. It was at $5 last month, it's over $27 today. I bought at under $6 and sold under $10. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Or not.
I saw someone yesterday on YT say upside by the end of 2021 is 100K.....I guarantee you if I buy it will drop to less than 10k within hours....

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Check out MARA - it moves w/ bitcoin. It was at $5 last month, it's over $27 today. I bought at under $6 and sold under $10. It makes me sick to my stomach.

You waited until now to point this one out? ;-)

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You waited until now to point this one out? :wink2:

To point out I'm a dumbass? It literally makes me sick. I had 500 shares!! I lost THOUSANDS! I made a nice profit and figured I should cash out....then it kept going up and up and up...and hasn't stopped!

Seriously though, keep an eye on it. Another one is ETHE. I still have a few hundred of this, but it's not done as well as MARA.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I haven't read all of this thread but years ago we tried to buy crypto currency and gave up. This might have been discussed but the process was crazy and the information that we had to provide wasn't worth it (imo) at that time. It was more than just as simple as opening an account at a bank. All the hoops and accounts associated to link them was crazy so your currency wasn't stolen. Sure would have been worth buying bitcoin 1,5,10,15 years ago though. Sickening.:headslap:

When is the best time to plant a tree? 10 years ago
When is the second best time? Now
Probably the same with crypto currency.

Last edited:

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
I haven't read all of this thread but years ago we tried to buy crypto currency and gave up. This might have been discussed but the process was crazy and the information that we had to provide wasn't worth it (imo) at that time. It was more than just as simple as opening an account at a bank. All the hoops and accounts associated to link them was crazy so your currency wasn't stolen. Sure would have been worth buying bitcoin 1,5,10,15 years ago though. Sickening.:headslap:

When is the best time to plant a tree? 10 years ago
When is the second best time? Now
Probably the same with crypto currency.
Yeah, I got lucky. There's a great group of Blockchain/Crypto folks in Tampa that I got hooked into a couple years ago. I didn't start buying seriously until this year. Tried talking my dad into it back in May, but he didn't like all the hoops, either. It's easier than it was a few years back but still takes some legwork, until you get things systematized.

I still think it's smart to own some, but you have to be prepared for gut-wrenching volatility.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yeah, I got lucky. There's a great group of Blockchain/Crypto folks in Tampa that I got hooked into a couple years ago. I didn't start buying seriously until this year. Tried talking my dad into it back in May, but he didn't like all the hoops, either. It's easier than it was a few years back but still takes some legwork, until you get things systematized.

I still think it's smart to own some, but you have to be prepared for gut-wrenching volatility.

Definitely has to be "fun" money and not something you depend on.
It was about 5 years ago that we were going to buy $100 crypto currency for each kid as a Christmas gift. I can't even remember the name right now to look up the price. Just as well, it's probably defunct now and if it did take off and is in the 1000's then I don't want to know that either.:headslap:

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Yeah, we might be seeing a top.

Rapper Meek Mill looking for stocks and crypto learning>>>

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
To point out I'm a dumbass? It literally makes me sick. I had 500 shares!! I lost THOUSANDS! I made a nice profit and figured I should cash out....then it kept going up and up and up...and hasn't stopped!

Seriously though, keep an eye on it. Another one is ETHE. I still have a few hundred of this, but it's not done as well as MARA.

You made double-digit percentage profits, right? That seems pretty smart to me. What you are really saying is that you're not clairvoyant. Who is?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also checkout TRIT. I just stumbled across this company today.

2A1B0CC5-0C37-4BF1-9C95-A250580D8797.jpeg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So what I believe is really behind this is our trusted financial institutions are putting some skin in the game???

Funny how gold has temporarily slowed for a few days....who thinks a wise man should be ready to dump and grab nuggets before the banks do? Or if you're like me and out in the cold buy more gold while it's temporarily down...:scratchhead: I gotta be right one of these times

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
So I noticed a month or two ago that you can buy crypto through PayPal.

I figured why not and throw some money in it. It’s been fun watching it, so far I’m about 120% up overall.

I’m not going to put my life saving in it but when I have some extra cash, I’ll keep dumping it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.