Current Status: Pumper....but the urgency is real

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No way. There has been mountains, absolute mountains of displeasure with losing to UK and Missouri.
Yes. And there should be.

But in reality this year didn't matter. It was always a rebuilding year. We weren't CLOSE to being a contending team. We have third tier talent.

The only thing that really mattered was this recruiting class and unfortunately it looks like just more time of being a third tier team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you can’t keep pointing to one year worth of data at other organizations when I am talking a multi-year rebuild at the UF. We are speaking two different languages.
That's fine. We'd just like to see some actual building going on, not more Buttering.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think Butters got fired because he lost 5 games or so every year? Hahahahaha. He got fired because he let the program deteriorate into a dumpster fire and only won a couple of games last season. Mullen could go 7-5, 7-5, and 7-5 over the next three seasons and he'll still be the coach in 2022 barring extraordinary circumstances akin to the Butters schytshow.
there are always extraordinary circumstances when you go 7-5, fights in frat houses, fake death threats, whatever.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody here is displeased with the improvement on the field. Idk where you're getting this. We're being critical of the class so far, hell even Mullen said this ain't gonna cut it.

Every recruiting criticism is a lead-in to pre-doom Mullen's whole UF career. All those recruit-class dump-downs flow right into muck being dipped up from the future and muck dredged up from his MSU past and suffocatingly piled over Mullen as our HC. It's a pre-writ script and it 'skunk-sprays' all fans' atmosphere. Gasp! Gasp!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure why folks think throwing money at only one part of a project would expect complete success. Hire the best engineers and not provide the support infrastructure isn’t going to get it done.
We agree this is a rebuild, and we'd all be happy if the infrastructure and engineers appeared to be getting address. Maybe.... maybe.... 3-5 years from now on infrastructure and continued Buttering doesn't get it done.

We are just treading water.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Speaking of building, how’s the lack of improvement to our Section 8 housing going.
This is a perfect example of the difference between some of us and you. While many of us look at those things and are unhappy about them, wanting better and being vocal about it as a fan base in hopes it will spark change, you use them as an excuse to justify substandard results and to tell others they should be content with less.

I know you say you want better, but I dont really believe you do, at least not passionately. Your repetitive "times have changed and 9/10 wins with no titles is the new long term standard for a UF coach" narrative seems to indicate you dont.

I believe I understand where you are coming from and unfortunately we will never agree. Either way glad you're here and keep posting.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
This is a perfect example of the difference between some of us and you. While many of us look at those things and are unhappy about them, wanting better and being vocal about it as a fan base in hopes it will spark change, you use them as an excuse to justify substandard results and to tell others they should be content with less.

I know you say you want better, but I dont really believe you do, at least not passionately. Your repetitive "times have changed and 9/10 wins with no titles is the new long term standard for a UF coach" narrative seems to indicate you dont.

I believe I understand where you are coming from and unfortunately we will never agree. Either way glad you're here and keep posting.

Thanks. I will.

Let me try it another way. I’ve heard about some of the training med students revive from there Attending Professors that are tuned into realities of pt care beyond the academics. Do not care more about the patient than the patient themselves care, or you are setting yourself up for disappointment. In other words, do not base your professionals do lilelt personal happiness in a less than optimal outcome with s patient that doesn’t care about their own outcome.

I treat UF football the same way as these patients. Love the great outcomes when they care enough to do the hard work (diet and exercise for example) but don’t let the patients who are forever fat slobs affect me one way or the other.

When I get the feeling that UF cares about the hard work required to get better, I will care more. Until then, I’ll enjoy the wins and not suffer the losses

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure there are "things" that I am pist about. = Foul facilities are evidence that marketing-wise show UF lies in saying "Come to Florida where CFB is our bellwether." Our lagging facilities create lagging recruit-classes.

Should take a one day brainstorm with the correct consultant-participants to create easy access to the right-there grounds-space, right now. Hire a dang Frank Loyd Wright type architect and show the CFB-world, now.

I'm sure, included in Miami's pitch-appeal is the ostentatious wealth glittering around any recruits --grander & more frequent parties-gone-wild, the right-away access to sports-fishing, catamaran on-the-wire sailing, beautiful reef scuba diving, spectator sport of jai alai, beautiful bikini women everywhere you look, maximum grand lounges, far more entertainers tours, parasailing, skiing, white sandy beaches, etc. etc. Imagine the glitzy-slick brochure pictures for a youngster to gaze at.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

But in reality this year didn't matter. It was always a rebuilding year. We weren't CLOSE to being a contending team. We have third tier talent.

The only thing that really mattered was this recruiting class and unfortunately it looks like just more time of being a third tier team.

What? I had no idea you felt this way.....shocking.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Nobody here is displeased with the improvement on the field. Idk where you're getting this. We're being critical of the class so far, hell even Mullen said this ain't gonna cut it.

I'm critical of it too. We need DL without a doubt and yes, Mullen said as much. Some here are either all or nothing though. Take the middle road and you're a"pumper." Ridiculous

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’s obvious Mullen can average ten wins per season with UF being in the East. That will earn him employment as long as he wants. Keep the team off probation and the booking report and stay away from hookers and he is golden.
He has to beat the rivals. 3 straight losses to the leg humpers (and missing the SECCG 3 straight times) and he'll be on the hot seat. Regardless.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He has to beat the rivals. 3 straight losses to the leg humpers (and missing the SECCG 3 straight times) and he'll be on the hot seat. Regardless.

I think he understands this. I just hope he is smart enough to stop it from happening.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
THIS.

The 2020 class wont affect the play on the field much until 2023. The decision on Mullinz will be made long before then. This roster looks like a 4-5 loss roster.

He keeps his job or loses it with what he landed last year and this year, along with Butters leftovers. That's the fact.

Like 2006 and 2007 didn’t affect the W/L until 2009-2010.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

I respectfully, but strongly disagree with the part about this year's results ON THE FIELD "not mattering." Allow me to remind you that DM took over a pathetic wheeze of a team that couldn't get out of its own phukking way. He then succeeded in restoring at least some degree of order and cohesion, to what was a catastrophic schytt fest, by re-inventing the culture and thereby resuscitating the shattered psyche of a ruined program. That considerable task was at least as important as rebuilding a depleted roster, in the short term at least, if not more so.

You've already made it plain that no "excuses will be tolerated" and that anything less than "immediate recruiting success at the very highest level" will result in one tirade stacked upon another. And that's fine, that's what you do. But if we add 4 or 5 4* types in positions of need, only a total idiot could find serious fault with the progress DM has made, especially if he adds another "meaningless win" against a hated adversary in a NYD6 bowl game. I want and expect greatness too, but expecting to "compete" with Bama from day one is a recipe for disappointment and eventual failure. End of rant.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We were basically 2-9 last year, and ended up 9-3 this year despite losing to both UK and Mizzou both at home.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are a work in progress just out of the gate and ahead of expected schedule. I'm expecting a continuation of betterment via overall overhaul development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.