Current Status: Pumper....but the urgency is real

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like 2006 and 2007 didn’t affect the W/L until 2009-2010.
No dumbass, like we didn't have a ****ty roster to begin with in 2005, 2006 or 2007.

How many kids do you think CONTRIBUTE as fresh or sophs?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You've already made it plain that no "excuses will be tolerated"
You better warm up the Excusathon Generator because you are going to need it a long damn time as long as these Butterlike teens recruiting classes continue.

I need a damn cervical collar for all the changes of positions you guys take. You are giving all of us whiplash. Nothing in Mullinz resume counts because you can't win at Cowbell (true) and he will land much better talent here... until he lands two straight Cowbell classes here and you claim talent doesn't matter anyway. Whatever, man.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s definitely my favorite poster. And Ox, can’t leave out Ox...
Ox is salty lately but he is truly hilarious when he wants to be.

And, just for my girl SQ,

logo.png

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No dumbass, like we didn't have a ****ty roster to begin with in 2005, 2006 or 2007.

How many kids do you think CONTRIBUTE as fresh or sophs?

Not many do - but that’s the whole point of getting top classes! If he does snag elite talent then they can make an impact immediately as Tebow and Harvin did. Others emerge in year 2.

“Dumbass” is making the case for stars mattering then saying the elite take 3-4 years to develop. Or ignoring the fact our defense needed a complete overhaul in 2007, but by 2008 was locking down everyone with sophomores.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You better warm up the Excusathon Generator because you are going to need it a long damn time as long as these Butterlike teens recruiting classes continue.

I need a damn cervical collar for all the changes of positions you guys take. You are giving all of us whiplash. Nothing in Mullinz resume counts because you can't win at Cowbell (true) and he will land much better talent here... until he lands two straight Cowbell classes here and you claim talent doesn't matter anyway. Whatever, man.
Huh? I've never said talent isn't an issue - never. And as far as excuses go, you seem to be confusing me with someone else. I just happen to live in the Newtonian world of cause and effect, and therefore refrain from demanding that rainbows and lollipops issue forth from a new coach's rectal orifice, immediately upon demand. And incidentally, your assertion that the on-field product has no effect on recruiting success is ludicrous. If eight years of garbage football proved anything, it's that high-end kids will not be attracted to a low-end program. Those aren't excuses, those are facts.

And as far as the Excusathon baloney goes, if you choose to ignore reality, that's your problem, not mine. But while I'm at it, another fact I'd be happy to point out is that we aren't finished yet. If DM does close well, as I outlined in an earlier post, most of our legitimate concerns will have been met for this season - rendering this entire imbroglio moot. Are we recruiting as well as we all want to? No, we are not. Will 14 or 15 top 300 type recruits in the FIRST FULL recruiting cycle DM has presided over constitute abject failure? No. it will not. Additionally, the comparison to McDoofus' recruiting efforts ignores the fact that this class isn't loaded with the sort of dead wood that McDud brought in on a regular basis.

Oh, and one last quick peek into the world of logical progression: We have reached a point in the CFB universe, where we are clearly and inarguably diminished by the incompetence of the former AD and the pair of ass clowns he hired as HFBCs. No one is going to achieve the massive rebuild required, after the series of catastrophes we've endured over the last decade, quickly or easily. Is DM absolutely, positively going to succeed in taking us back to CFB Walhalla, in what most consider a reasonable period of time? Who the phukk knows? But one thing is certain. If we don't step off the "here we go again, let's see what someone else can do merry-go-round" and actually give a promising HC the time and support required to get the job done, we will be permanently and deservedly screwed for all eternity. How's that for a dire prognostication?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? I've never said talent isn't an issue - never. And as far as excuses go, you seem to be confusing me with someone else. I just happen to live in the Newtonian world of cause and effect, and therefore refrain from demanding that rainbows and lollipops issue forth from a new coach's rectal orifice, immediately upon demand. And incidentally, your assertion that the on-field product has no effect on recruiting success is ludicrous. If eight years of garbage football proved anything, it's that high-end kids will not be attracted to a low-end program. Those aren't excuses, those are facts.
Tinerc is has 9 top players in this class. We have two.

How does this happen when they been a dumpster fire since 2003 or so?

The answer is simple, they hired a few great recruiters. We didnt.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016

Tinerec is still trying, they're not very bright, but they're trying. We on the other hand seem to be mailing it in. When do we break ground on the football facilities upgrades again?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

That's a reasonable, if somewhat unavailing question/answer. I'm not sure where the 2-9 "top players" comparison with UToothless came from, but I'll concede that someone out there thinks a lot more their class than they think of ours. However! Aha! You knew there would be one, and here it is: ESPN has us with 10 top 300 players, including Black, who is also a top 300 "higher" 4* player. And we are close on their heels in the rankings as they now stand, even with 3 fewer signees. Add that to the fact that we are in serious contention for the following 9 recruits, all of whom represent an area of need:
33. Dent
40. Steele
61. Elam
65. Pickering
83. Richards
88. Young
105. Moore
149. Black
205. Fuller
The above ratings are from 24/7 and seem to me to be more accurate, not that either source is all that great.

If we finish with 25, composed of a balanced positional mix from that group, we will almost certainly jump UT, MSU and FSU, while filling our needs nicely. I've already said we need to up our game on the recruiting trail. A couple of hotshot recruiters would be just what the doctor ordered. I just think the extreme negativity is unwarranted and counterproductive. And with this, I'll say no more until NSD is in the books.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Their facilities also blow ours out of the water.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to how those teams in front of us and around us DO with their new recruits and players. USC finished 4th in the 2018 recruiting rankings and promptly went 5-7. You can get some top shelf recruits, its just what will the COACHES do with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb