Current trend: Grier will skip bowl game, focus on draft

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
that's not what I said. It's usually me first in all biz, but the problem here is while it's me first biz for the coaches and schools, its not me first without repercussions for failure to abide by an agreed upon employment contract. When it comes to players its me first with no repercussions, even though everyone already admits it's a biz for them with payment just like everyone else.
The players lose their scholarship and have transfer restrictions. When Mac was hired he agreed to pay $2M over 6 years. He'll make $15M+ from 2.5 years at UF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The players lose their scholarship and have transfer restrictions. When Mac was hired he agreed to pay $2M over 6 years. He'll make $15M+ from 2.5 years at UF
Lose their scholarship? Seriously? They are leaving. You think they give a crap about a scholarship when they aren't going to school anymore? That ain't a penalty. Transfer restrictions? They are leaving for the NFL! Are you even reading this thread? Mac is making money bc he didn't leave, he was fired which was a premature termination of a contract. Ding ding!!! There's a penalty, only this time the school was the one that ended things so they are on the hook, but the penalty for doing so is there, just the way it would be if he walked early for a better job.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I was being facetious. I probably need to stop. Some people here are taking me entirely too serious when I'm only trolling for laughs.
Crete, that you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cocaine lies?

:bob:
I even managed to get the paid talking heads to follow my lies. I'm apparently more powerful than I know.

And then I convinced all the talking heads to say that Matt Coral "had the Grier problem".

I think that means he doesn't like carbs. See:

Because Austin [Hardin] and I were obsessed with eating healthy, we noticed that those Gatorade drinks are loaded with sugar and carbs. There’s nothing wrong with them, but we didn’t want that in our bodies. So we went to a store in Gainesville called Total Nutrition ,,,.

Yeah, Ole Austin Hardin was such a health freak.

Last edited:

Gator97

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rigggght because him looking out for his wife and daughter and his financial future isn't as important as winning the camping world bowl.
I couldn’t care less if Grier ever takes another snap at Meth Mountain U or anywhere else. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s always been a selfish player.

Last edited:

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
No issues with it. Coaches don't coach bowl games when they take new jobs. This is no different.

And it's a completely irrelevant game against an ACC opponent in Syracuse that has been, let's face it, a surprise non bottom feeder this year. The only real value to the teams in this game is from the practices and real game setting for getting younger players field time which doesn't even apply to him as a senior. You could even make the case that he is actually helping the team out by forcing them to play the backup QB. I honestly don't think most of these bowls have been setup to be geared to the fans of the participating teams for many years now.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He made a choice. Just like not playing in the bowl game is a choice.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I stll say bowl games are concerts. Tickets sales directly relate to fans coming to view the star. That's Grier, that's Tebow. Can you gauge the letdown cheated sentiments when such stars refuse to fulfill the concert contract?
How many tickets would be sold in anticipation of seeing the Grier team firing on all cylinders. I was interested in watching WVU, but certainly not now. That is not the WVU who earned bowl-worthiness.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He sure did, he made a choice not to play for Butters. It was the best choice he ever made.
I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play for him. Though, I believe the situation was far more complicated that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.