Gator Baseball CWS Semis: Gators bow out

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Asked for so here it is. Gators face a big hitting ARK team tonite at 8pm and must defeat the Hogs twice to advance to the finals. I assume we will go with Singer tonite but if anyone hears differently please update. Hogs dealt Singer his only regular season loss, but Gators took 2 of 3 from ARK at the MAC. But that seems like ages ago and the teams have changed. Must play sound especially on defense as you can't give ARK extra outs.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we make any of those little league errors like last night this will end badly. You can’t win it all doing that schitt.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Errors killed us during the final series and the SEC tourney. We definitely need to keep our heads in the game going forward. E
rrors in the basics are not only embarrassing but they have also un-necessarily extended innings for our pitchers.
I am sure it's frustrating for them to throw 30 to 40 pitches in an inning due to a single error.

I believe
Singer is due for an "A" game if nothing more than to keep up with the spectacular game Kowar had against the longhorns and Leftwich had last night. A complete game will take a lot of pressure off our pitching staff, but it's only possible with solid field play.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Last night we were lucky to win. Between the poor fielding and the late inning walks, I was cursing at the TV. Thank god our bats were hot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just confirmed by Weitzel that it is going to be Singer tonite. ARK going with Campbell who I think we bested during the regular season.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The two problems we have had this month are little league fielding errors and the inability to get timely hits.

The bad news is that the errors continue and could cost us this game and our season.

The good news is that if appears that the hitting may be coming back. I know Tech is not a great pitching team but we couldn't do anything against them Sunday so there is hope.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators trail 1-0 after 2 innings. The plate discipline by each team's hitters is the biggest difference I see so far. Singer is at 50 pitches after 2 innings and ARK has not swung at one pitch out of the strike zone. Meanwhile we have struck out 4 times in a row and have swung at about 6 pitches out of the zone. Singer does not have his best stuff but b/c ARK will not swing at non strikes, I think Singer needs to just pitch to contact and hope the ball finds a glove.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A tailor mad double play ball is booted by Reese b/c he tried to back hand the ball instead of getting around it. Another brutal defensive blunder that could haunt against a team that hits like ARK.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
That error will likely cost us two runs. Singer is fooling nobody tonight. Pull him soon and hope we can right this ship.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Defensive miscues cost us a run. Well that and the fact the Singer's curveball seems to just be hanging like it is sitting a tee so far. Need to get Mace up pronto if this continues.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hah, as soon as I mention that Singer does not have his curve, he throws his best one of the nite, LOL. Should be out of inning but thanx to Reese we trail 2-0 and ARK still at bat. only 1 run but 1 too many!!!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
6 of our 9 outs via the strikeout. Did not know Tom Seaver was pitching for ARK in this game.:facepalm:

I guess it is a good thing that ARK is not pitching their #! pitcher :scratchhead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb