Gator Baseball CWS: UF whips Texas 6-1

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Arkansas-Texas Tech postponed until tomorrow, looks like a big storm is about to move through. Works well for us considering we get the day off and the loser will have to play back to back days.

I thinks it an advantage for us. Lets hope it goes extra innings. I think I’m pulling for TT so we see Ark once, but nice win today. We left a ton of runners on again, but maybe just maybe we found some swagger

Just need 3 in a row, not impossible and everyone we face will be in same situation as us, except for Fridays game if we advance.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'd start Bell at first and tell JJ he has to catch or sit.
I was listening on the radio and could not believe the missed sign on the double steal.
It sounded like India made it back safely to second so they threw at the runner going back to first but the lead runner (India) still managed to get out. That's as bad as baserunning can get.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can take all the heat for being a Gator pumper and cheering on the Gators. Go Gators!!
What heat?

Your heat is regarding saying the same thing every other post and talking to yourself in the box (or reading the sports ticker)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Leftwich pitches Thursday, I would assume.
If we win, then Mace pitches the first game Friday?
And does Dyson come in to play if we make it to the second game on Friday?
Will Singer be able to pitch any innings on Friday?
Questions I hope Sully has to answer.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KKKKKKKKKKKKKowar was DOMINATE in striking out 13 batters, the most in program history at the CWS for UF. The most strikeouts in a game since 2010 in the CWS by any team. Yeah we left some runners on but our bats finally awakened and we were able to cruise to a dominate 6-1 win that wasn't even close at all. These Gators showed some fire and were able to stay alive. Go Gators!!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

Good questions.

I am skeptical that we see Dyson the rest of the year. And with the way he contributed last CWS, that's a shame.

Singer threw 99 pitches Sunday. I would think he could contribute a few innings Friday on 4 days rest.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Definitely Jack on Thursday.If we get to Friday then Singer gets the ball no question.
Past that i'm not certain what Sully would go with for a winner take all Saturday. Kowar was over 120 pitches
yesterday, so Dyson likely gets the ball on Saturday if it's a winner take all to the final.
He had Mace in the pen yesterday which indicates to me at least he may prefer to keep
him in a long relief type role.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im just here to support my buddy, Boss. He says you people are picking on him.

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Good questions.

I am skeptical that we see Dyson the rest of the year. And with the way he contributed last CWS, that's a shame.

Singer threw 99 pitches Sunday. I would think he could contribute a few innings Friday on 4 days rest.

Definitely good questions that lead to even more puzzling questions.

So Leftwich on Thursday; Singer on Friday; Mace/Dyson on Saturday. Then what?

Monday I'm thinking Kowar on six days rest; then Tuesday Leftwich on five days rest; Wednesday Singer on five days rest but that may be too much. So Leftwich and Singer for a few innings and then it would be pitcher by committee?

Yeah, I know, cart before horse, but we can get away with it. The boys better be thinking they just got to win one more. And then they've just got to win one more, and so on and so forth.

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Im just here to support my buddy, Boss. He says you people are picking on him.

You know, he never did come clean with the full story on why he got the boot at the Regionals game.

I just figured you stopped by because you thought the CWS was played here: upload_2018-6-20_9-48-5.png

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'd start Bell at first and tell JJ he has to catch or sit.
I was listening on the radio and could not believe the missed sign on the double steal.
It sounded like India made it back safely to second so they threw at the runner going back to first but the lead runner (India) still managed to get out. That's as bad as baserunning can get.

Unfortunately he really needs to sit, his hitting is still pretty rusty and we have alternatives.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
A least JJ is willing to swing the bat and may get back in sync. Girand won't take the bat off his shoulder, and you can't contribute with that mentality.
You got to have the Captain and one of our all time greats in the lineup. As for Girand, he's been really bad and I would prefer to see Brady Smith or Cal Greenfield behind the plate if JJ can't do it. Girand has not only been terrible at the plate, his defense has been atrocious.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Arky whippin’ up on TT right now, so it looks like we’ll get a chance at revenge against TT and hopefully followed by two games with Arky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator